Thread: Question about Actual Miles

Default Question about Actual Miles

I bought a used copy of Actual Miles today, and after I got home, I noticed that the back doesn't list "Everybody Knows" as the 13th track. The booklet that has all the song names and acknowledgements doesn't list "Everybody Knows" either. The CD itself has the song.

Is this a misprint, an attempt for a hidden track, or what?

ETA:

Jewel case back

booklet

CD
    Last edited by RudieCantFail; 08-07-2016 at 09:41 PM.

Banned

Default Re: Question about Actual Miles

I've just pulled my copy of Actual Miles off the rack and it differs from your copy RudieCantFail. There is no mention of a 13th track on the disc or in the CD booklet. My copy only has the lyrics to The Garden Of Allah included.

There's a red sticker on the case:
    Don Henley's Greatest Hits includes The Boys Of Summer and The End Of The Innocence 2 New Studio Tracks: The Garden Of Allah and You Don't Know Me At All plus a special bonus track
    The special bonus track; Everybody Knows, remains anonymous.

I think Everybody Knows had been released a year or two earlier on a Leonard Cohen tribute album, which may explain the secrecy.

Don sang Everybody Knows with Bryan Adams on some global televised benefit show, which were common at the time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x86k7o9vCAc

Don also sang Cohen's Democracy , live on MTV at Bill Clinton's Inaugural Ball in January, 1993, along with Dirty Laundry, The Heart Of The Matter and Dylan's, The Times They Are A Changing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USlHqwTQVrU

Don was very contemporary in the early nineties. Twenty years in the "second act," of the Eagles turned him into a relic from the 1970s.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I bought a used copy from FYE a few months ago. Everybody Knows is listed as #13 on the back of the jewel case, in the booklet, and on the cd.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I've just pulled my copy of Actual Miles off the rack and it differs from your copy RudieCantFail. There is no mention of a 13th track on the disc or in the CD booklet. My copy only has the lyrics to The Garden Of Allah included.

There's a red sticker on the case:

The special bonus track; Everybody Knows, remains anonymous.

I think Everybody Knows had been released a year or two earlier on a Leonard Cohen tribute album, which may explain the secrecy.

Don sang Everybody Knows with Bryan Adams on some global televised benefit show, which were common at the time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x86k7o9vCAc

Don also sang Cohen's Democracy , live on MTV at Bill Clinton's Inaugural Ball in January, 1993, along with Dirty Laundry, The Heart Of The Matter and Dylan's, The Times They Are A Changing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USlHqwTQVrU

Don was very contemporary in the early nineties. Twenty years in the "second act," of the Eagles turned him into a relic from the 1970s.
    I wish I could understand the logic behind comments like this.

I would have thought that Cass County, made with up & coming country artists, proved that Don Henley is anything but a 'relic'.
    Last edited by Freypower; 08-10-2016 at 08:37 PM.

Thanks, Funk 50, and also, thank you for the links to a couple of Don performances. It must be just different editions printed at different times. Good point about the Leonard Cohen tribute album, but I don't understand why that would stop whoever is in charge from just disclosing "Everybody Knows" on the album. Then again, your red sticker answers that question. That's odd that your disc doesn't even mention "Everybody Knows." I'm only speculating here, but yours might be an edition or printing earlier than mine. Also, my booklet only has the lyrics to "The Garden of Allah" too.

Thanks, AG95. I guess your copy was printed later? I don't really have a clue, but I checked eBay for copies and some had 13 tracks and others had 12 on the back.

FP, maybe Funk 50 was referring to how Don usually just plays the hits from the Eagles as well as his own from the 1980s. I understand the sentiment behind hearing Don cover more recent songs, but people pay to see his hits as well as the ones from the Eagles. I wouldn't mind hearing his versions of various songs throughout the history of popular music. Since Glenn did an album covering American standards, maybe Don could do an album covering more contemporary songs. Heck, I don't really care what Don sings at his concerts because it all sounds good to me (THE voice), even though his voice can waver if he doesn't get enough rest.