Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Love Rules

Stuck on the Border

Default Love Rules

I just heard this song for the first time in I don't know how long (right after Bohemian Rhapsody) . I had forgotten how great it is. The theme of a young man too shy to tell his girl how he cares is perfect for the high school milieu in which the film Fast Times At Ridgemont High was set. He sings it beautifully. His vocal range is really something in this song. I suspect though I'm not sure that Tim sings back up. I would like to hear our other Don fans' opinion of this rarely heard gem.

I had to go away and listen to this again before replying. Luckily it's one I backed up before the computer crashed, but I hadn't listened to it in a very long time. It really is a very fine song and completely sums up the painfulness of young love. Don's voice is outstanding. I haven't seen the film, but I'll look out for it now.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

GEF, it's a fun movie and Timothy does "So In Love" for it.
    I am not an island
    I am not alone
    I am my intentions
    Trapped here in this flesh and bone

Thanks for reminding me of this song, FP--I also think it is a gem. In addition to Don & Tim, Joe Walsh also has a song on that movie soundtrack. Everyone contributed but Glenn!

Stuck on the Border

Felder did Never Surrender which also appeared on Airborne (one of his better songs). I still have my vinyl copy.

Sammy Hagar did the theme song for FTARH.

One of my very favorite Stevie Nicks songs is also on there - Sleeping Angel. Gorgeous.

Love Rules is also terrific. It really spells out that high school insecurity well as well as shows off his vocal versatility.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I love the song Love Rules. And yes, Timothy does sing background vocals on it. Love Rules is one of my favorite solo songs by Don. Also what do y'all think of the song Waffle Stomp which is by Joe on the Fast Times soundtrack?

Stuck on the Border

I haven't heard it for a long time because I don't play my old vinyl records. From what I remember it was a typical 'goofy' Joe song.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    I haven't heard it for a long time because I don't play my old vinyl records. From what I remember it was a typical 'goofy' Joe song.
    You're right FP, it is a "typical goofy" Joe song.