Page 7 of 195 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Seriously.
    There's no accounting for taste!

I am lovin' these reviews of Don's concerts--this one is from a fan. (The "meat" comment refers to the fact that at every venue, vegan Chrissie Hynde urges people not to eat meat. As you can imagine, that went over VERY well with the Texas cattle crowd. And, I have to disagree with the statement about Don not holding the notes as long as he used to--I think he actually holds them longer, and just as beautifully.)
    -----------------------------------
    "Don Freakin' Henley."

The Stray Cats drew dancing fiends to the front of the stage area to get the concert started. Setzer and crew were in good form and managed to rouse the sparse opening crowd. I have always loved Chrissie Hynde's voice...so distinctive. The Pretenders were pretty good and didn't embarrass themselves with a very nice rendition of Brass in Pocket as the highlight of their set. And YES CHRISSIE I EAT MEAT! deal with it!

As the 3rd major ticket holder perk in 2 weeks, the Peak Festivus was probably the best one. Henley may not be able to hold those high notes as long as he used to ...but you really don't notice. The new arrangements of the old standards are good, the band rarely missed a note. Highlights of the concert for me were the still haunting, still beautiful Desperado and End of Innocence and the rousing and manic Hotel California, Dirty Laundry and All She Wants to Do is Dance.

Pancakes, anyone?

From mtv online news:
    DON HENLEY OPENS UP ABOUT THE LONG ROAD OUT OF EDEN. With The Eagles putting the final touches on their first album in 28 years, Don Henley spoke to Rolling Stone about what took so long. He said, "They say everything in life is a matter of timing. And the time seems right for us to do this." Henley added, "I think it's okay to go away for a while. We've had some conflict within the group, and in terms of songwriting and recording, we just didn't feel like it up until now." The drummer also spoke about the feel of the group, explaining, "It may never be like it was in the past... (we're a) band who knows when to sit one out... Creatively, it was our time to get back in the studio."

Henley even divulged his theory about selecting songs for the upcoming album. He stated, "I have what I call the pancake theory. The first pancakes off the griddle are not very good. You usually have to throw them away because they're all kind of bubbly and burnt around the edges. So, the songs are sort of the same, you know. The first ones that we come up with might not be consumable. So, we're gonna keep doing it."

Thanks DF. I'm now hungry for pancakes. Anyone care to join me at IHOP or something?
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

From MTV News---on this day, September 6, in rock history:
    --------------------------------------------------------

In 1993 Don Henley, Jimmy Buffett, Elton John, Sting and Aerosmith performed at a benefit concert in Boston for Walden Woods.
    --------------------------------------------------------

DANG...what a lineup! Wish I had been there!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Now that would have been a show to see!

Btw, has anyone seen Aerosmith live? They are awesome, wild & crazy! How in the world Steven Tyler can do all that screaming and singing in one song is something to behold!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

With Don Henley AND Sting there, DF, I think they would've had to carry you out.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    With Don Henley AND Sting there, DF, I think they would've had to carry you out.

You are so right!

Well, it's not really "press," but I got a Google alert tonight about a cooking series and one of the featured recipes is a step-by-step video showing how to prepare "Don Henley's Favorite Filet Mignon Recipe."

http://www.expertvillage.com/intervi...let-mignon.htm

They do say that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach...

lol!!! That's great. Thanks for the link.

Getting hungry....

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten