Page 3 of 195 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border

Sorry, I don't understand that. Like A Rock was released about 1985. Bob Seger's new album is called Face The Promise and Don is not on it. He may well have been on Like A Rock, but I never bought the album on CD.

Well, then I don't understand it either. This was a Google alert I received March 12. Why they are reporting old news, I don't know, but it does make me want to go buy Like A Rock.

Hmm, weird that Google news alert is putting out "old news" - perhaps there's a rerelease! I do have Like a Rock - it's a great album.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    I think I'll get Don to play at my next birthday party. All of you are invited. However, I have to warn you that I'll have to charge each of you a pretty steep cover of around $25. That should help raise enough so that we can make a generous $250 donation to Walden Woods.
    BTW, Dreamer, I meant to tell you--just let me know whenever you want me to pony up that $25 donation for your party!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    BTW, Dreamer, I meant to tell you--just let me know whenever you want me to pony up that $25 donation for your party!
    Okay DF - I'll keep you posted. As you know, I can't get a committment on the date until after the tour schedule is finalized.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    No kidding! Hmmm - I think I'll get Don to play at my next birthday party. All of you are invited. However, I have to warn you that I'll have to charge each of you a pretty steep cover of around $25. That should help raise enough so that we can make a generous $250 donation to Walden Woods.
    It would be worth it. I'll be having the Don perform at my next birthday. And no one who insults the Don will be allowed to be in Don Henley town on August 28, 2007 for my party . Y'all are invited too.

Thanks, SH--count me in!

Thanks, SH--count me in!
    You're welcome!

Reuters had an article about Bob Seger on tour today, with a little mention about Don:

"I've been messing a little bit writing songs... in the dressing room," Seger notes, "'cause I've got a lot of time between soundcheck and the show. There's two songs I really like that are left over from the last bunch, and I'm trying to re-write them."

Among those is a track called "Outland" which he's been working on since 1997 and, according to Seger, is desperately in need of a bridge section. "Worst case scenario," he says, "I'm gonna send it to somebody (like the Eagles' Don) Henley or somebody -- 'Write me a damn bridge, will you?! I've been working on this for 10 years!'"

Reuters/Billboard

(Don't know why he wants to send the song to Don to finish...guess he knows Don, Glenn and the rest of the guys know what it's like to take 10 or more years to finish a song! )

Reuters had an article about Bob Seger on tour today, with a little mention about Don:

"I've been messing a little bit writing songs... in the dressing room," Seger notes, "'cause I've got a lot of time between soundcheck and the show. There's two songs I really like that are left over from the last bunch, and I'm trying to re-write them."

Among those is a track called "Outland" which he's been working on since 1997 and, according to Seger, is desperately in need of a bridge section. "Worst case scenario," he says, "I'm gonna send it to somebody (like the Eagles' Don) Henley or somebody -- 'Write me a damn bridge, will you?! I've been working on this for 10 years!'"

Reuters/Billboard

(Don't know why he wants to send the song to Don to finish...guess he knows Don, Glenn and the rest of the guys know what it's like to take 10 or more years to finish a song! )
    Cool. Thanks for sharing. It'll probably never get finished if Bob sends it to the Don.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?