Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Celebration of "Inside Job"

Default Re: Celebration of "Inside Job"

"Goodbye to a River" and "Annabel" are tracks that don't always get a lot of ink, but that I think are absolutely gorgeous as well as moving.

The album veers from sweet ballads to bitter invectives in a way that can be rather jarring, but I enjoy it overall.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO INSIDE JOB!

One of the beauties of music is that not everything appeals to people the same way. My opinion of Inside Job is that it is my least favorite of Don's solo albums. At the risk of repeating myself, I don't think that it's a bad album, it's just that I don't think it is a good as Don's the other solo work. Although it has grown on me some since I first heard it, the album is just too slow and it drags a bit too much for my taste. I do love the gorgeous Taking You Home though. In any event, as is usual for me - to celebrate, this will be the featured album in my car CD player this coming week.
    Have to agree with you on this one IABAD.

I like 'Inside Job' the least too. There's one or two songs I love such as Damn it Rose and Miss Ghost and Taking you home, like you mentioned. But it doesn't have that 'I could play this over and over again and never get sick of it' appeal as say 'I Can't Stand Still' even though as you know I love Don and find it very hard to be critical of him. JMHO
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I don't know if this is the correct place to post this. I saw a sign yesterday that said....

Happiness is an inside job.

Of course, it made me think of Don.

Love that.
    ~Sara

Happy 15th Birthday to Inside Job. This album and The End Of The Innocence are my favorites.

My favorites songs? Its hard to pick, but Goodbye To A River, Everything Is Different Now, Annabel and Taking You Home.

Happy 15th Birthday to Inside Job!!

While its not my favourite of his albums, I do like it but I tend to just listen to the songs I like .....

My favourites are Taking you home, For my wedding and Everything is different now ( I even like that Video - its just so unDon like but you can't stop watching it!)
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lacken101 View Post
    Happy 15th Birthday to Inside Job!!

While its not my favourite of his albums, I do like it but I tend to just listen to the songs I like .....

My favourites are Taking you home, For my wedding and Everything is different now ( I even like that Video - its just so unDon like but you can't stop watching it!)
    He sang Everything Is Different Now at the solo show I went to back in Feb. 2013. It was one of my show favorites.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    He sang Everything Is Different Now at the solo show I went to back in Feb. 2013. It was one of my show favorites.
    So jealous !! It must have sounded amazing live.....

My favourite part is "I bit that bullet and I took that vow and everything is different now" I just love how he sings it and how it sums up the change in direction of his life for the future..
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

UCR posted this earlier today as it's a big milestone for Inside Job

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/don-henley-inside-job/
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I have my DV-R set to auto-record anything with Don Henley in it - and it recorded the 2000 Saturday Night Live episode on which he appeared to promote this album. Amazingly, it included a performance of "Everything is Different Now" (usually the songs are cut from the syndicated episodes). Terrific!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten