Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Austin City Limits

Default Re: Austin City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Can anybody justify Don's decision to only perform Talking To The Moon in Texas. I'd love to hear it live but I aint gonna fly to Texas for the privileged.
    Probably because the intro describes "sleepy little towns down in Texas," e.g. his hometown of Linden and the inspiration behind Cass County. I think the song holds a special significance to him by performing it only in Texas. JMHO.
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Default Re: Don will be doing Austin City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Here's Talking To The Moon. TTTM didn't make the cut. I'm still looking for video clips from the taping. TTTM was posted on Youtube on Ocotber 5. So I'm hoping I can find more.

Great piano playing by Will. I see Steuart back there on the keys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-tGdHXzYL4

Will in that hat

Today's the one year anniversary of Don during the taping his episode on Austin City Limits.

Don's episode is re-airing on Sept. 28 and 29 on MTVL, which is Ch. 369 on Dish Network. It's an MTV channel that actually shows and plays music. They have Live from Daryl's House, ACL, and other live concert specials. Sept. 28 is next Wed. at 6 pm and 9 pm, and Sept. 29 would be 10 am. The times may be different depending on where you live, but usually when I'm watching TV from like TBS, ESPN, and etc., it comes on 3 hours earlier. Like, Conan airs at 8 pm in the West, when it's 11 pm on the East Coast. MTVL shows promos of its material and maybe some commercial spots, but to me, the breaks are shorter than like TBS and etc. Hopefully, they won't cut much of anything, and it'll be 1 hour long.

Its the one year anniversary of the Don's episode on Austin City Limits. I wish we saw the other songs that wasn't posted or shown on the show.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 10-24-2016 at 09:11 PM.

Still hoping for a DVD release!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Don's episode clips are not on YouTube anymore. I'm glad I downloaded Talking to the Moon and Words Can Break Your Heart.

Happy 2nd Anniversary to the Austin City Limit episode that aired on this day in 2015. The episode was just a reaired on PBS in either August or September. I can't remembered.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Happy 3rd Birthday to Don's episode on Austin City Limits.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I still need to get a copy of this somehow!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten