Page 153 of 195 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1947

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I haven't listened to this yet and although from the writeup it seems to be covering the same ground as other interviews, there's always some nuance to be picked up on.
    http://wzlx.cbslocal.com/2016/09/19/...e-to-carry-on/
    Good interview! Don primarily talks about his current tour and Walden Woods.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/kristin-...ter-1476801790

This is only about Kristin Chenoweth's thoughts and experiences with "The Heart of the Matter." It's a short article, and the 1st part is about when she first heard it and the 2nd part is how it resonated with her after Sandy Hook.

If this belongs in Eagles Mentions in the Press, sorry about that. I thought since it was a short article about someone's experiences w/ a Don solo song that it should go under this thread.

I got this email from google.

Don will present Clint Black an award at the Lone Star Film Festival next month. The festival is November 10-13. I don't know when Don will be there, but I'm guessing on the 10th because Lone Star Film Festival's website has the reception on the 10th.

http://www.star-telegram.com/living/...111003572.html

I just got this google alert in my email. Don will be one of the performers to honor Tom Petty as MusiCares Person of the Year this coming February. I wonder what's the history between Tom Petty and Don. I know Tom has history with Felder, but I wonder how Don knows Tom.

If you want to go, tickets range between $1,750 to $8,500 and VIP packages for groups of 10 to 36, are priced between $17,500 and $150,000.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...104-story.html

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

That's awesome Don's going to be a part of it and they got a great lineup of artists I love!!! First thing I thought of was Don maybe knowing Tom through Stevie as Stevie's known Tom since the late 70s.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

You maybe right.

This probably is Don's first time being performer for a honoree. I don't think I read anyway that Don was part of a lineup for another honoree. His 10th year anniversary for his honor is next year.

So that means they will have a portion of the show of people honoring Tom Petty. I think they do a little tribute to honorees during the live show.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I know Tom has history with Felder, but I wonder how Don knows Tom.
    Don's songwriting buddies, Stan Lynch and Mike Campbell were/are members of Tom Petty's, Heartbreakers

I forgot about Stan and Mike.

Tom and Don were also at the first Bridge School benefit in 1986. Tom was right after Don and there's a picture of all the performers on the internet too.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Don's songwriting buddies, Stan Lynch and Mike Campbell were/are members of Tom Petty's, Heartbreakers
    Yes, if Tom Petty hadn't turned down Mike's song in the early 80s, Don would have never co-written "Boys of Summer"; I'm sure Don is grateful for that.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I think I posted this earlier, but Don will be presented Clint Black an award tonight at the 10th Annual Lone Star Film Festival in Ft. Worth. I hope their are some pictures online later.

http://wkxa.com/country-music-news/d...special-award/