Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Songs written about or for Don

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Songs written about or for Don

I do think that was 'ballsy' of Don to join Mojo Nixon on stage like that. It's too bad there is no video of it on YouTube. Actually, the lyrics in the song are very clever and funny, so I can see why Don may have a good sense of humor about it. And I also was LMAO about the Eagles being the '70's Country Monkees. However, in the end, Mojo can poke all the fun he wants, but the joke is on him. Look who's still going strong and has an uber fat wallet while Mojo's rather obscure with his main claim to fame being that he wrote a song about Don Henley.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Default Re: Songs written about or for Don

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I've always wondered if Glenn's song "Living in Darkness" was addressed to the Eagles as an entity if not Don in particular, and referring to an Eagles reunion, but that's purely speculation on my part. Heck, perhaps Glenn is singing to Irving Azoff.
    Soda, I agree that it is very likely that Living In Darkness was at least partially written about Don (and/or the Eagles and Irving) even though Glenn has never said anything about it. I've also thought exactly the same thing about Glenn's All Those Lies. I mean who out there doesn't think that "Shorty" is Irving, so doesn't it stand to reason that the first verse may be directed at Don (or one of the other Eagles) ???

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Default ok. sooooo....

scrolling thru facebook and I see an article about a stevie nicks song and how the story behind it was never told. BUT, I think us eagles fans know who it was possibly about. i'm just surprised they just caught on. lmao

http://societyofrock.com/the-shockin...evienickstruth

Out on the Border ambulance girl's Avatar

Default Re: ok. sooooo....

How could it NOT be about Don??? Although from what I've read, she sure got around back in the day....

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

oh wow... now see THAT I never knew. all these years they stood by the fact that the song was for Don. this is an even better story behind it. lol

I knew that Stevie had said she started Leather and Lace for Waylon and Jessie, but had totally forgotten about it. I always liked Waylon Jennings, but I must confess how grateful I am that fate intervened and things turned out the way it did. I honestly don't think anyone could have equaled Stevie's and Don's version of the song. Absolutely incredible!

While it's true that she wrote it at the request of Waylon Jennings and for him in that sense, she has said that she was thinking of Don when she wrote some of the lyrics. Of course, Stevie changes her story a lot, lol, but it makes sense.

I'm going to go ahead and combine this with an old thread about songs inspired by Don (at least to a degree, in this case).

BTW, I love this compliment Stevie pays Don when talking about working on the song with him: "It was an unforgettable experience, as was he." She always has such high praise for him.

Some of you might be interested in our thread about Don and Stevie: www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten