Page 156 of 178 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 1774

Thread: Every picture tells a story

Border Troubadour

Default Re: Every picture tells a story

Very nice, I took a similar one Lacken

And Brooke don't buy any expensive camera equipment. If you could get a good second hand one with a macro lens for zooming in that would give you great photos. I'd love to see that owl!!

...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I love all the sunrise and sunset pics being posted here. We obviously have some very talented and artistic people on board. Since I can't even draw a straight line, Photography is the only way I can record images. Even my students laugh at my attempts at diagrams.

Just before I went to Fallsview in 2011, I bought a hi spec hand camera as I didn't want to drag the DSLR so far. We were up on the Hill of Tara which is allegedly the meeting place of the ancient high kings of Ireland and where St Patrick lit a Paschal fire when he brought Christianity to Ireland. Anyway I took this pic of the sunset which I rather like, but I'm annoyed that I hadn't realised the date imprint was on it.

'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Border Troubadour

Very nice GA, love the silhouette - very atmospheric I love silhoeuttes, shadows and reflections.

I spent 10 days in Dubrovnik on a painting residency and our studio was in the university of Dubrovnik. It was a huge, cavernous old building which bore the remnants of history. You could still see the bullet holes in the walls from the war with Serbia. Anyway, here's one photo I took of the sun reflecting thorugh the window onto the floor.

Last edited by DivineDon; 03-28-2015 at 10:59 AM.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Love your sunset GA - makes me want to go to the Hill of Tara now..... have to try and fit that in this summer.

DD - very nice shot and very artistic....
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

All of those sunrise photos are gorgeous. You are all a very talented bunch.

And DD - love your window reflection picture too.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Great pics everyone!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thanks guys - and DD I love that window shot too. It must have been quite spooky knowing that the war in the Balkans had taken place there not so long ago! I remember it well. And of course a lot of Balkan refugees have made their home here in Ireland.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Ga, the sunset photo is just beautiful!

DD, yours is very interesting too!

Thanks all!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

GA that sunset photo is excellent!

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Border Troubadour

As I feel almost compelled to do now, here are some snaps from a few days away I had on the Isle of Wight a few weeks ago. Hope you enjoy!

The above is of Alum Bay from the Needles, the westernmost point on the island. I had hoped to get a decent one of the Needles (a rock formation) to upload, alas the chalk is so thick in the air all of my photos were blurry!

Not usually one for this kind of photo, but that's the view of the sunset from my hotel window across a town called Shanklin. One of the best I've seen in a while.

This is a place called Wootton Creek, not amazingly special but I thought made for a nice photo. Also probably the only place in Europe with 'Creek' in its name

Again not the most inspiring snap but I felt this probably summed up the general scenery best: over half of the island is designated as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Rising in the background I think is St Boniface Down, the highest point on the isle.

This is the seafront at a town called Sandown, with the esplanade at Shanklin (the town in the second photo) visible on the headland.

... And this is the view immediately to the left of the above, with the end of the pier just in view. The next bit of land beyond that horizon is Cherbourg in France!

Finally (sorry for the poor composition!) is the war memorial on Portsmouth seafront, back on the mainland. One of the biggest Navy bases in the UK is stationed in the city, so they take all that very seriously.