Page 211 of 302 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 3014

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Soda, I'm sorry to hear you had another one. I can imagine how disheartening it is. Keep your chin up and blame the scratches on Milton.

GA, thanks for the info. What I didn't mention is that I've been having problems on and off with hoarseness for a long time, like since I lived in VA. It's progressively gotten worse, and I did blame it on 'drainage', even though I don't feel any. It got worse over Christmas and January and I figured it was the cold air and the heat being on all the time. Since having the pneumonia when I lost my voice completely, it's been far worse. I took an antihistamine for a week to see if that helped and it did not help at all. So, it's time to get this solved.

One reason my voice is so frustrating...we had some issues with my mother today. She ended up in ER and admitted to the hospital. She was very confused and had no short term memory at all. My sister-in-law happened to call, and my mother did have my aunt staying with her, and Chrissy asked if Annabelle was there and Mom couldn't tell her if she was or not. My sister is at a conference, so we got a hold of her, turns out that Mom was to be at her house. My nephews said she had forgotten to take her medicine to my sister's house. So she needed to return today to get it. She left in pajamas and doesn't remember the trip (it's over an hour). The good news is that her CAT scans came back clear. This happened to her back in 2009, and it eventually cleared up although there are segments of time she doesn't remember.

For me personally, it was very frustrating to be in such a panic initially and not be able to talk on the phone strong enough to be heard. I couldn't talk to the doctors or anything, I had to text my brother so he could ask. So, it's time to get this fixed.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well in light of what you have said here VA, it certainly puts a different perspective on things. I had thought the hoarseness was just a result of the pneumonia. I hope they get to the root of the problem.

I hope too that your Mom is ok. Her symptoms sound very like what my Dad suffers from.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

VA-quite a long time you've had the throat problem, it's worrying and I hope your doctors soon find out the actual cause, meanwhile I hope you're coping well enough and that your mom is alright

Soda-very sorry to hear about your seizure, hopefully the next one is in the distant future or not at all

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

GA - they are running the typical tests to look for evidence of a stroke. Since she has a-fib (arterial fibrillation), and she went without her meds, it's easy to see where a small one would occur. Since she was confused enough to forget her meds to begin with, I'm thinking something happened before that.

For me, my doctor made an appointment with an ENT, but it's not for a few weeks, so we'll see. It looks like I won't be singing my favorite Easter songs on Easter morning unless something really great happens.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Feeling pukish today so I took a sick day. And I've felt this way the last three days but I was really needed at work. Not today. Not really sick, just yucky.

I need to feel better and get some stuff done. Daughter is coming home for her birthday tomorrow (actually April 1, but tomorrow works better for her).

I guess I should brag on her a bit. She has quit her kitchen manager job and has started a taco catering business. She was trying to do both but her gourmet tacos have become a hit in her town and she couldn't handle both. It's kinda scary, but she's a smart cookie and it's going really well! We are very proud of her. She's worked very hard.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Soda - So sorry. My cousin struggled with these for years and had them when she babysat when I was little and was scary to watch. She had the brain mapping surgery done and lucky has had no more as she had been on every med in the book and none helped and was having grand mal's on a too frequent basis.

VA - Glad you are going to an ENT..

Brooke - Feel better soon.

------

Just got home from Florida with a bad sinus infection (that started the week before I left). Got scared about the eye I had surgery on possibly being infected too, went today and got a perfect report so that's good.

However, with my chronic rhinitis and allergies and recurrent sinus infections, I'm going to an ENT in May. My allergist said I have some polyps in my sinuses that could be harboring infection and that need to be looked at if not removed. It seems I'm always getting a sinus infection, I take pills, and it comes right back. And all these antibiotics can't be good for me.\

Other than the nose bug, Florida was fun but a short trip this time. Jason Aldean concert tonight...

Also, Heart last week was EXCELLENT and was my 2nd favorite concert after the Eagles HOTE show. More about that in the concerts thread.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Brooke, I think I read about your daughter's new venture, possibly on FB. It sounds brilliant. I hope it stays successful for her. It must be so exciting for her going out on her own, best of luck to her. And hope you feel well enough to enjoy celebrating her birthday with her too.

VA, continuing to send good vibes across the water to you and your Mom.

Austin, good luck with those sinuses- they sound nasty. Glad you had fun in Florida.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Nancy prayers for you.kerp your faith

Verna ...prayers for your momma and for you too

Aystin take care of you

Been really busy at work
    Not much free time
    We are binge watching sons of anarchy

I usually fall asleep lol

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Back at work today and feeling much better. Bad bug!

Austin, can't wait to check out your latest concerts! I so wish I could have gone to Heart! Saw a couple of your pics on Fb, but need to go back and look again!

Had a nice birthday celebration Saturday evening with our daughter. 37! Unbelievable! Where does the time go?!

After she headed back home yesterday I was feeling energetic and decided to wash my windows on the inside of the house. This requires taking out the screens and the muntins too. I had already done most of the outsides. Since the screens were out I took them outside and hosed them off. Put them all back in and now am ready to open the windows when it gets in the 70's tomorrow! I think spring will definitely show up this week!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Sorry to hear about everyone's illness. I hope you are all doing better.
    I'm just getting over the flu myself. Was knocked out most of last week, but today, I'm back at work, but still not 100%