Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Timothy's Upcoming Album "Leap of Faith"

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: Timothy's Upcoming Album

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I still see Tim, more as a working musician than as a recording artist.
    I don't know, he's been a recording artist pretty much non-stop since he was 17. His first album was on the air before any of the other guys'. He made ten albums with Poco, he made the same number of solo albums as Don and Glenn (except Glenn has a live album too). He made the same number of Eagles albums as the other Eagles post-1994...it seems like to date he has made more albums than any Eagle except Joe. [some of these numbers might not be totally accurate but you get the point and I'm lazy]

And, he does work, ALOT. But, I think by anyone's metrics Timothy would be considered a recording artist.

His solo album sales certainly don't rival those of Don Henley or Glenn Frey, but in the pantheon of all professional musicians, he would probably rank in the top 2% album sales-wise.
    Last edited by MaryCalifornia; 07-18-2016 at 09:08 PM.

It was HB who told me about the link, MC! Glad to provide it, though.

It goes without saying that Timothy is a "recording artist" - I'm not going to take Funk 50's bait.

I wonder how close Timothy is to releasing it?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I wonder how close Timothy is to releasing it?
    I wish I knew too so I could plan my life! I feel like I'm in a cash and calendar holding pattern until it's out and there's a show schedule. I regret not travelling to see a few Expando shows and don't want to miss out again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    I wish I knew too so I could plan my life! I feel like I'm in a cash and calendar holding pattern until it's out and there's a show schedule. I regret not travelling to see a few Expando shows and don't want to miss out again.
    Same here, G!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

So excited for new music!! I do hope he tours with the new album, and that it's close enough for me to see him

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    I don't know, he's been a recording artist pretty much non-stop since he was 17. His first album was on the air before any of the other guys'. He made ten albums with Poco, he made the same number of solo albums as Don and Glenn (except Glenn has a live album too). He made the same number of Eagles albums as the other Eagles post-1994...it seems like to date he has made more albums than any Eagle except Joe. [some of these numbers might not be totally accurate but you get the point and I'm lazy]

And, he does work, ALOT. But, I think by anyone's metrics Timothy would be considered a recording artist.

His solo album sales certainly don't rival those of Don Henley or Glenn Frey, but in the pantheon of all professional musicians, he would probably rank in the top 2% album sales-wise.
    I didn't say he wasn't a recording artist. If you look at his body of work, though, most of it is sessioning for other artists. It wasn't until Expando that Tim actually performed live shows in support of a solo album.

A career retrospective may not interest Tim but his career deserves it. I was disappointed that he ignored most of it during his Expando live shows.

I'm looking forward to Tim's new album. I hope there are other Eagles on it.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I didn't say he wasn't a recording artist. If you look at his body of work, though, most of it is sessioning for other artists. It wasn't until Expando that Tim actually performed live shows in support of a solo album.

A career retrospective may not interest Tim but his career deserves it. I was disappointed that he ignored most of it during his Expando live shows.

I'm looking forward to Tim's new album. I hope there are other Eagles on it.
    Most of it?

I know Soda doesn't want us to take the bait when you say things like this.

However perhaps you should look at Tim's solo discography, not to mention his work with Poco.
    http://www.timothybschmitonline.com/solo/index.htm

http://www.timothybschmitonline.com/poco/index.htm

I don't see why not performing shows in support of the pre-Expando albums somehow disqualifies those albums from being part of his body of work.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Good news! I hope he tours too!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Most of it?

I know Soda doesn't want us to take the bait when you say things like this.
    I thought this site was a medium for Eagles debate and discussion.

However perhaps you should look at Tim's solo discography, not to mention his work with Poco.
    http://www.timothybschmitonline.com/solo/index.htm

http://www.timothybschmitonline.com/poco/index.htm
    I own all Tim's solo albums and a number of his Poco albums too. The Poco albums I don't own, I have listened to.

I'm not so familiar with the much more extensive list of artists Tim's sessioned for, during his career;
    http://www.timothybschmitonline.com/...uest/index.htm

Actually, I think Tim's probably made enough money since HFO, that he doesn't need to do any more session work. So he can just indulge himself with future music projects.

I don't see why not performing shows in support of the pre-Expando albums somehow disqualifies those albums from being part of his body of work.
    It doesn't but it is noteworthy that Tim didn't tour with his first 4 albums and during his Expando shows, The Shadow was the only solo track he performed from those 4 albums.

Sorry for the distraction everybody. I'm delighted that Tim has a new album coming out, hopefully with live shows to follow.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Me too! Here is a good updated list of Timothy's work on others' albums...

http://www.allmusic.com/artist/timot...604940/credits