Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Radio Sirius Channel 30 November 17, 2017

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles Radio Sirius Channel 30 November 17, 2017

Putin by Randy Newman? Cool.

Stuck on the Border

Thank you to Shun and everyone for the commentary. Sirius isn't a option for me (at least not legitimately) so I'll take what I can.

wrt Longbranch Pennywhistle , earlier this year, JD Souther said he and Elliot Scheiner were re-mixing the album for re-release. It's in this thread.

I was shocked that Don's show was 2 and half hours, but i wasn't complaining. I thought it was going to be an hour like Joe's. Vince will be guest DJ this morning at 11:00am Eastern/10:00am Central. I know most of his picks will probably be country, but its going to be interesting with what he picked.

I guess Timothy is not going to be a guest DJ. I haven't heard anything about him doing a guest DJ.

The Orpy concert will be this Thursday at 2:00pm eastern/1:00pm central.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Vince's top 10 favorite songs (5 are Eagles favorite). He brought up Glenn. He compliments on Don and Glenn's songwriting.

1. Desperado -
    2. Rocky Mountain Way
    3. New Kid In Town
    4. Let It Be - The Beatles
    5. The Sad Cafe
    6. Wildwood Flower - The Carter Family
    7. left my desk during this song. So I don't know what was played
    8. House of the Rising Sun -
    9. Ol' 55
    10. Take Me Home, Country Roads - John Denver

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by My My View Post
    Wow Delilah, you are such a thorough note taker! I didn't listen to the whole thing, maybe 2/3rds or so. He also played "Vincent" by Don McLean somewhere near the beginning, around 4 or 5? It's such a beautiful song from the early 70s. And I agree about Don's radio voice, Shun.
    Thank you, My My! I can’t believe I left that one off. I had completely forgotten that song and so hearing it was a pleasant surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Vince's top 10 favorite songs (5 are Eagles favorite). He brought up Glenn. He compliments on Don and Glenn's songwriting.

1. Desperado -
    2. Rocky Mountain Way
    3. New Kid In Town
    4. Let It Be - The Beatles
    5. The Sad Cafe
    6. Wildwood Flower - The Carter Family
    7. left my desk during this song. So I don't know what was played
    8. House of the Rising Sun -
    9. Ol' 55
    10. Take Me Home, Country Roads - John Denver
    Thank you, Shun. I wasn’t able to listen to this earlier. I’m hoping to catch it on another loop. Funny how half his songs were Eagles songs, while Joe and Don only had one.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Btw, here is Joe’s list from the notes I had jotted down. I didn’t post it before b/c I wasn’t sure if there would be interest.

1. Meadows (w/ a funny story about the song’s “insane beginnng”)
    2. That’ll Be the Day - Buddy Holly (1st album he ever bought, praised Buddy’s guitar playing)
    3. Walk Don’t Run - The Ventures
    4. Memphis - Lonnie Mack
    5. Little Wing - Jimi Hendrix (Joe said this was very hard to play)
    6. Silver Blue - Linda Ronstadt & JD Souther
    7. She’s About a Mover - Sir Douglas Quintet
    8. Do You Know What I Mean - Lee Michaels (spoke about his friendship with the late actor Jim Varney)
    9. Our House - Madness (Joe said he heard this a month ago; I took that to mean he’d never heard it before but I may have misunderstood)
    10. Hotel California (he said this is still a hard part to play & cant go on auto-pilot with this one; this song affected everyone which was a great feeling—not all musicians get to experience that)
    11. But I Try - James Gang & Little Richard (demo they recorded together the day after a show, something LR came up with. They had to go back into the vault to find it. Now a bonus track on the deluxe Analog Man)
    Last edited by Delilah; 11-22-2017 at 05:05 PM. Reason: adding a song that was left off list

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I have to go back and listen to Vince's show again. Since I'm at work, I couldn't turn my volume up to really write down what he said about each song. Plus I just got back to my desk. So I missed the rebroadcast. Luckily I got all the songs except one. Some good picks by Vince.

He said some good stuff about Glenn and Don especially about their songwriting. I think Vince called them genius and a match made in heaven which he was soo right about. Glenn and Don were a match made in heaven when it came to their songwriting.

I was actually surprised that majority of his list was Eagles songs. I thought maybe it was going to be mostly country songs. The House of the Rising Sun was a very big surprised. I don't know what he said about that song, but I'm very interesting in what he said about that song.

I loved the story about Vince meeting Paul at a dinner with Joe, Ringo and their wives. I remembered seeing a picture of Vince at the dinner with them and that started the rumor of Vince being part of the Eagles.

Thanks so much for all the info and the link Delilah and Shun!!! I did not know I could listen to it with my phone. I quickly followed the link and found the station and the first song I heard was Is It True, how fitting that it was a Randy song!!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Putin by Randy Newman? Cool.
    And A Few Words In Defence Of Our Country.

I wonder which songs were in the Beatles medley? Apart from Elvis Costello, the Beatles appear to be the only British act in Don's list.

I do not share Joe's opinion of But I Try.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    And A Few Words In Defence Of Our Country.

I wonder which songs were in the Beatles medley? Apart from Elvis Costello, the Beatles appear to be the only British act in Don's list.

I do not share Joe's opinion of But I Try.
    It was Gold Slumber/Carry That Weight/The End. I guess Don calls it the Beatles Medley