Page 135 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Yes, it exists, but not word-for-word. That's why I wrote that KIND of comment. And I have talked about it earlier.

I will leave it there, because I will not participate in this new, scientific prove-everything-you-comment-on "challenge". People refer to older comments in internet forums and some people remember them, some people don't.
    Amen.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Yes, it exists, but not word-for-word. That's why I wrote that KIND of comment. And I have talked about it earlier.

I will leave it there, because I will not participate in this new, scientific "prove-everything-you-comment-on challenge" game. People refer to older comments in internet forums and some people remember them, some people don't.
    It's not a matter of scientific word-for-word prove anything. It's more a matter of does it mean anything like how it is being paraphrased and discussed. If you say they exist, then can you please give at least a bit of information so that they can be tracked down?

I refer to the discussion before about whether or not someone claims that it was Glenn's 'dying wish' that Eagles continue without him. When I did track down the sources of these comments, they meant nothing like how they were being portrayed. Similar for some of the mis-characterisations (not saying they were deliberate) that Delilah has pointed out.

Hence, I think if people are going to talk about comments, then it's quite reasonable for others to ask if the original comments (and commentator) can be identified so that they can be read and compared to the current conversation. I don't think this counts as a 'prove everything you comment on' challenge, and would say that that itself is a mischaracterisation of what I am asking for.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    It's not a matter of scientific word-for-word prove anything. It's more a matter of does it mean anything like how it is being paraphrased and discussed. If you say they exist, then can you please give at least a bit of information so that they can be tracked down?

I refer to the discussion before about whether or not someone claims that it was Glenn's 'dying wish' that Eagles continue without him. When I did track down the sources of these comments, they meant nothing like how they were being portrayed. Similar for some of the mis-characterisations (not saying they were deliberate) that Delilah has pointed out.

Hence, I think if people are going to talk about comments, then it's quite reasonable for others to ask if the original comments (and commentator) can be identified so that they can be read and compared to the current conversation. I don't think this counts as a 'prove everything you comment on' challenge, and would say that that itself is a mischaracterisation of what I am asking for.
    I honestly don't have the time right now to start looking through old comments for obvious reasons. And I won't mention (screen)names, because I don't want to start personal fights with anyone over old comments. Most likely the comment/comments was/were in this thread.

I honestly don't have the time right now to start looking through old comments for obvious reasons. But most likely it/they was/were in this thread.
    Just to be clear (I intend to re-read this entire thread), are you saying that:

A: someone has said that you(we fans including you) have no right to question the decisions that the band has made?

And:

B: that people have said that as this is an Eagles forum you(we fans including you) shouldn't ever post anything negative?

It is going to be some effort to read through who said what, so I just want to check I have this right.

EDIT: If anyone else wishes to point out anything to look for, please do. To save repeated work.

Stuck on the Border

WW & Dawn - Amen.
    FP - Welcome Back ! I am looking forward to your always thoughtful posts.
    As for Queen, no. AL does not pretend to be Freddie. Go and enjoy yourself.

AT - Chaim is right. Those statements were made and are in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    AT - Chaim is right. Those statements were made and are in this thread.
    Where?

Stuck on the Border

Just to be clear (I intend to re-read this entire thread), are you saying that:

A: someone has said that you(we fans including you) have no right to question the decisions that the band has made?

And:

B: that people have said that as this is an Eagles forum you(we fans including you) shouldn't ever post anything negative?

It is going to be some effort to read through who said what, so I just want to check I have this right.

EDIT: If anyone else wishes to point out anything to look for, please do. To save repeated work.
    Closer to B, although what you wrote there is a twisted straw man version of what I actually said.

Like the meme concerning 'this is an Eagles forum and why would anyone say anything negative about them', I don't think the comments or views that are being attacked actually exist.
    This thread is way too big for me to go back through it, but there was a fairly recent post in a shorter thread I can easily recall. I've just quoted the part about the Eagles, since the rest of it was about Deacon.

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm1968 View Post
    I would love to hear new music from [the band] in the future. I support the band.

This is still an Eagles site, right?
    So, I daresay chaim did not twist that poster's meaning. Posts implying that we should be supportive of the band's new lineup on an Eagles board are a reality.

Perhaps you should give people a little more credit, AT.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim
    Closer to B, although what you wrote there is a twisted straw man version of what I actually said.
    I noticed that, too. Funny how that is.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    This thread is way too big for me to go back through it, but there was a fairly recent post in a shorter thread I can easily recall. I've just quoted the part about the Eagles, since the rest of it was about Deacon.

So, I daresay chaim did not twist that poster's meaning, and posts implying that we should be supportive of the band continuing without Glenn on an Eagles board are indeed a reality.

Perhaps you should give us a little more credit, AT.

I noticed that, too. Funny how that is.
    I seem to recall some other comment, but I don't have time to go through all the posts at the moment. Maybe I can do that at some point. And anyway, it may have been another thread...
    Last edited by chaim; 08-18-2017 at 03:44 PM.

Of course the post below was directed solely at me, but according to it, the fact that I do not support the decision to continue without Glenn means I have no right to run this place as an Eagles site anymore. Same logic: Eagles site = support the new lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Have you ever been part of a forum where the owner actually wants the band to be inactive or decides that as reality is not to their liking they will declare themselves ruler of an alternative reality where they can discard what the actual band does and dictate the relevant history of the band themselves... that's the impression I get.

If you're not representing the Eagles, sodascouts, it's as much a travesty to call this site Eagles Online as it is for your "remnants" to call themselves Eagles.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten