Page 29 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

Default Re: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

Have fun, NMB! Should be interesting esp. after the documentary.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

That's awesome NMB!!! We just found out the Riverbend Music Center in Cincinnati's country concert lineup today (they announced the main rock ones a couple weeks ago) and we're going to try to see Dierks Bentley in May. I did somewhat see him about 12 years ago when my friend and I went to a small venue here, as he hadn't gotten that famous yet, to get tickets to another show with the band Reliant K. We had to go inside to get tickets for that concert and Dierks was performing at the exact same time and I saw a bit of him on stage. At that point his first single had only come out and I knew it but my friend had no idea who he was at the time. LOL So hopefully I'll finally be able to see him closer up and as the full show.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    For monetary reasons I decided to skip Procol Harum's (well, Gary Booker's) last visit, and that's almost inexcusable!
    That is unfortunate. I wish you could see all the shows you wanted. Mr. Brooker is massively talented and charming too, in a low-key but real way. I saw him when he opened for Yes a few years ago. One thing I remember is seeing Geoff Downes of Yes standing in the wings backstage, listening to Procol Harum

My best friend and I are trying to get tickets to see Kenny Loggins in concert in March in Biloxi, Mississippi at the Beau Rivage. The same place I saw Donny and Marie Osmond in concert back in December. Their were still still a lot tickets left, but I'm getting paid next week and she was getting paid this week. So she was going for me. Plus its really not a bad seat in that place.

This will be my second time and I haven't seen him in 4 years I think.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 02-13-2017 at 10:44 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Mr. Loggins is good in concert. He did a private event at my university several years ago and had everybody (even the *very* old) on their feet dancing. I was impressed.

Its official. I'll be seeing Kenny Loggins on March 10 with my friend and her daughter. I can't wait. This will be their first time seeing Kenny and of course my second.

I'm also trying to get tickets to see The Righteous Brothers. The tickets are only 37 dollars which is not bad. Of course they have VIP, but I don't have a $100.00.

A friend of mines who I knew from Branson, Missouri is now singing with Bill Medley and since they will be in my state, I want to see them and I haven't seen Bucky since 2015. Plus I've never seen Bill Medley in concert and I love the Righteous Brothers music. The concert's in May and on a Saturday in Tunica, MS which is 3 hours away northwest of from me.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Wow, Shun! I'm sure y'all will enjoy Kenny Loggins' show. I saw Bill Medley around the late Eighties, opening for Alabama. I remember he was really funny-he told the crowd the Alabama guys were all backstage in their undershorts, just to get the ladies worked up! And when he did Bob Seger's "Old Time Rock n'Roll", it went over so big that he did the whole song a second time later in the show! I hope you get to see him and your friend.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

That's cool, I didn't know Mr. Medley was still performing. You may have seen him in the news recently, as the police solved his ex-wife's murder after some 40 years.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    That's cool, I didn't know Mr. Medley was still performing. You may have seen him in the news recently, as the police solved his ex-wife's murder after some 40 years.
    Yep. He was in Branson, Missouri for a long time and then maybe 3 or 4 years ago, he stopped performing there to focus being on the road more. He just revived the Righteous Brothers last years because a lot of fans wanted him to revived the group. So he picked his new partner, Bucky Heard after seeing him at one of the shows in Branson. I'm soo happy and proud of Bucky. Bucky has come a long way as being a Blues Brothers at one of the theaters to now.

Yeah. I heard about that. I didn't know about his ex-wife being murdered 40 years ago. I heard about that when I saw it in the news. I'm glad they finally caught the guy.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I got a ticket for Tony Hadley (Spandau Ballet) in Blackburn UK in September. Meet and greet. My Spandau FB friends (we call ourselves 'Spandettes') are all going
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP