Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Walsh and Stevie Nicks

Stevie Nicks was quite a babe back then. If I was Joe I would have been showing her "great love" every day, haha.

If they had a child together, that would be one weird, cool and beautifal kid!She always looked good to me, and Joe is a lucky dude!
    "I've gazed into the abyss and the abyss gazed into me, and neither of us liked what we saw." Brother Theodore

You might enjoy this, Kyle! (Done by a bored Stevie fan)

What a kid of theirs might grow up to look like:

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

That's a mite disturbing actually.

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

Default Re: Joe Walsh and Stevie Nicks

http://www.wowowow.com/entertainment...oks-now-254692 I hope this works, I want to get Stevie's new DVD. I heard her talk about no cell phone, etc on a show not to long ago

I was at the taping of that DVD in Chicago. You must get it! Thanks for posting that article. Love this part:

--------------

When asked about her online life, she skips barely a beat: "I don’t have a computer or a cell phone. I am old-school all the way. I am school of rock."

"In 1983 when I was going out with the love of my life, Joe Walsh (legendary rock god of James Gang and Eagles fame), he had built a room in a loft filled with pianos." According to Nicks, the first time she heard a tune she had just picked out on an electronic keyboard instantly played back by Walsh with full orchestration, she realized, "Everyone, even the violinists had been replaced."

Later that year, Walsh told Nicks he couldn’t be with her on her favorite holiday, Halloween, because he had to work on his computer.

"That means I have also been replaced. If computers are going to replace me in a man’s life and replace those violinists …"

That was the end of Nicks’s relationship with computers.

Great article - amazing story!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stevie mentions her relationship with Joe again in an upcoming issue of People magazine. It expands more on a problem with Joe's she mentioned in the past:

Former rock couple STEVIE NICKS and JOE WALSH were so hooked on drugs during their romance, they feared they'd die if they didn't split.

The Fleetwood MAC singer dated Eagles star Walsh during the 1980s and describes him as "the great, great love of my life".

But they both began taking cocaine in vast quantities and Nicks blames the drug for ruining their relationship.

She tells People magazine, "There was nothing more important than Joe Walsh - not my music, not my songs, not anything.

"We had to break up or we thought we'd die. It took me years to get over it. It's very sad but at least we survived."
    Nothing more important?? Wow! She hasn't put it that way before!

I have great respect for Stevie, Nancy. But I have to keep reminding myself that she does have a tendency to use strong adjectives in describing emotions. I've no doubt she felt that way about Joe...Joe has made similarly complimentary remarks about Stevie (maybe "complimentary" is too weak a term). But, Stevie has felt strongly about at least two others that I'm aware of, namely Lindsey Buckingham and Don Henley. I do not think the remarks coming from Stevie are contradictory.

It is the strongest of terms of endearment that I've heard her referring to Joe with though and that's a fact!

MikeA

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

I just saw that on my google alert. Here's the link, some good pictures of Stevie..

STEVIE NICKS - NICKS' 'DEADLY' ROMANCE WITH WALSH ~ Contactmusic.com

As far as "Most important" you know Stevie has a way of embellishing reality for dramatic effect, but she has said on more then on occasion he was the great love in her life.
    What I find interesting here is
    1. They're both clean and drug free now, if they were such great loves, why didnt they rediscover each other?
    2. If the drugs are what split them apart and now they are both drug free but not "together" was it the drugs that made them a "couple"? so to speak. Im sure you can infer my meaning here.
    3. Do we know who Stevie is involved with currently?