Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Site network history and information

Default Site network history and information

I put up a brief history / structural explanation of the site network called "All About Us" as a sticky in this forum, for those who are curious. Enjoy!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Site network history and information

Very well explained Nancy, and thanks for all the hard work you have done on these sites. For my part I first 'Googled' Glenn Frey on 11 November 2006, having been blown away by him the previous summer at a live Eagles gig in Dublin. For a while I had just surfed the official Eagles site but I wanted to find out more. All the search results pointed me in the direction of 'glennfreyonline' and I was overwhelmed with the amount of information it had. I spent the next 2 months downloading music and pictures. Then on February 9th I 'discovered' the Border........and the rest is history!!

I would say this is probably the best Eagles fansite on the internet today!

Well done Nancy
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Aw, thank you, sweetie! And I'm so glad you found us!

I agree with Lisa. I am so glad I stumbled across The Border. We have such a fantastic, supportive group of people here and I think I'd go crazy if I couldn't come here and talk about the guys! Thanks for making it happen, Soda.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

I LOVE this board and everyone on it! I've been a part of many message boards for various bands/artists and just plain music in general and I have NEVER felt such a bond with my fellow members like I do here. I genuinely consider everyone to be my friends and I'm SO glad that I found my way here and was welcomed with such open arms! I wasn't one of the original members (joined December 17, 2006!), but I was made to feel as if I was pretty darn close and it made me feel at home. Thank you all for that!

Oh Nancy, I loved reading about how this all started! I kinda knew bits and pieces from stories along the way, but not all of it together like that. And to tell you the truth, the site(s) seem like they have existed a lot longer than they actually have...meaning you have done so much in what I think is a relatively short time (whether or not it seems long to you...) I guess that's one reason everyone seemed so welcoming when I joined...many Borderers really had only been "legal" just slightly longer than I had at the time !
    So Nancy, despite all of the information your narrative details, I am left with one question...of the six members you list in helping you get all of those sites up and running, did you know any of them from your real life before the fan sites, or did you "meet" them all through GFO/Flip City? Either way, I find the whole scope of the projects done by y'all to be absolutely top-notch, and so far removed from what my talents are that it just amazes me. It is great to meet a group of people through one common interest, but then discover so much more about them on a day-to-day basis that it really is like checking in with a bunch of friends--thanks!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Thanks for the kind words, guys! Like I told GA, I'm so glad you all are posting on the board. Evet, while I didn't know any of those six people people prior to meeting them on another message board, I have been lucky enough to meet all of them in person eventually with the exception of JoeFan. It's amazing how close you can get to people who don't live anywhere near you! Now, they are all very good friends. Like you said, the whole community feels like friends... and that has always been what we've wanted!

BTW, I've only ever looked at one other musician's (unofficial) fansite/message board--which has been in existence for far longer than EOC--and is considered the "be-all and end-all" for all sounds Jersey shore.
    Although I'm willing to go there for ticket/show information, I just can't be bothered to wade through the posts and try to figure out their organization, their personalities, and whatever else would draw me in and make me actually want to chime right in. So I don't. Basically, that site is good for the occasional fling, but HERE is where the true relationships form! (Awww...)
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Stuck on the Border

Just a word on behalf of the moderators: thanks to all who have posted such fantastic comments about EOC, its sister sites and all the hard work Nancy and the other site administrators have done to make our community so successful and thriving. Needless to say we all appreciate your input and your contributions.

Thanks for making it, Soda!

I love the Border! I am very gladly that I has found the Border!
    I like it to read something about the Eagles or about other Stuff every day.
    I would take part with pleasure in more topics which I find very interesting, but often I donīt know the right english words for it.
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)