Page 113 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1281

Thread: Remembering Glenn Frey

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Remembering Glenn Frey

Don't know if anybody's seen this yet but Bob Seger's done another tribute to Glenn in the lyric video of his new single "I Knew You When". He ends the video with a picture of him and Glenn together and it sounds like he wrote it about Glenn and his friendship too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fAYZvrIHkg
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    Don't know if anybody's seen this yet but Bob Seger's done another tribute to Glenn in the lyric video of his new single "I Knew You When". He ends the video with a picture of him and Glenn together and it sounds like he wrote it about Glenn and his friendship too.

The song is about Glenn , as is Glenn Song from the same album, and the album is dedicated to Glenn.

Seger cared.

Border Desperado

While Timothy's solo album was completed at the time of Glenn's passing, he dedicated it to Glenn. The dedication read "To Roach from Woodstock".

Freypower, I also believe that Seger really cared about Glenn. I think that he cares about Glenn's family and Glenn's band and the other members too. Perhaps that is why he joined them at the Classic West to sing "Heartache Tonight".
    Last edited by WKMB55; 02-23-2018 at 05:49 PM.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post

Thank you, buffy! I hadn't seen it and it's beautiful!

I also listened to Glenn's Song again which popped up there too. Beautiful and bittersweet.

ETA: Evidently he and Glenn were wonderful friends.
    Last edited by Brooke; 02-23-2018 at 05:59 PM.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Yes , beautiful and bittersweet.

Thank you for posting.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Cameron Crowe on the Dan Patrick show March 3, 2017 discussing Jerry Maguire and reminding Dan that he had Glenn on his show back in April 2015. Dan did a cutaway and showed a short clip of Glenn talking with the crew "The Danettes" which I had not seen until now. So hard to believe this April 2015 interview with Dan Patrick was only 6 months before Glenn sought treatment at Mount Sinai in Manhattan. Glenn looked great and was clearly enjoying himself.

Glenn Frey discussion starts @ 5:12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewrY...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Dawn; 02-25-2018 at 05:20 PM.

When I saw it I thought Glenn looked really bad. I saw it before knowing all his medical issues so i didn’t have much context but it is definitely a good interview.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WKMB55 View Post
    While Timothy's solo album was completed at the time of Glenn's passing, he dedicated it to Glenn. The dedication read "To Roach from Woodstock".

Freypower, I also believe that Seger really cared about Glenn. I think that he cares about Glenn's family and Glenn's band and the other members too. Perhaps that is why he joined them at the Classic West to sing "Heartache Tonight".
    Seger cared about Glenn & paid tribute to Glenn, and that was important to me. As I think I have said before my guess is that when he sang Heartache Tonight he assumed that would be the end of it.

Of course Schmit's dedication was important as well.

This interview was in April 2015 they still had 3 more months left to go on the 2 year HOTE tour. I would imagine Glenn was tired but he did not look really bad. Bless his heart. Glenn always gave it his all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    This interview was in April 2015 they still had 3 more months left to go on the 2 year HOTE tour. I would imagine Glenn was tired but he did not look really bad. Bless his heart. Glenn always gave it his all.
    Of course I was just giving my first impression. I can only imagine he was really, really tired at the end of the tour. Just hearing some of the things he was planning on doing makes me sad about some things we missed out on