I can't believe it's been 15 years as well. I had the same thought about the kids and teens today too. For me I was 15 when it happened. I remember we were getting ready for my sophomore English class to start which was my 2nd class of the day. I had just gotten out of choir and something felt off when we were singing. When I got to class another English teacher from across the hall came in and took my teacher aside. He looked grave after whatever he was told and nodded to her as she left. He told us that something had happened in New York and went to turn on our classroom's TV.

When the TV came on we were all shocked to see the fire coming out of the building. We didn't know what caused it and thought maybe it was a bomb. I remember my teacher saying it weirdly reminded him of the song "Smoke on the Water" and now I still think about this when I hear it. Then when the 2nd plane hit we knew something was really wrong.

I had never been so frightened in my life. We had no idea what exactly was going on and then the Pentagon got hit and the plane went down in Pennsylvania. We may have been teenagers but we were all scared and didn't know what to do. I remember so many of us crying and hugging. The teachers trying to console us but didn't know what to do either. Most of us started to leave early as our parents got off work and picked us up. It's weird too now to think back as it inspired so many of my male friends to go into the military and one of them died in Iraq 4 years later and another, my dear friend Mark, after serving three tours in the Middle-East would die in a car accident 10 years later.

I remember too my Grandpa was visiting family in Boston at the time while my Grandma was still here in Ohio and she was worried sick. After he flew back home he's never flown on a plane since. I also stuck really close to my parents that day, as did my younger brother. We ended up watching old comedy movies since all the TV networks had non stop coverage.

The weather that day was so sunny and nice out that you would never think what was going on. I used to love going outside to listen to music so I did that day and I remember I heard Don's song "The End of the Innocence" on the radio and how weirdly it fit, especially from my point of view. I also loved when the Eagles released "Hole in the World" as it was such a lovely song, as did my Mom.

It really changed everything and I will never forget and always think of the families who lost loved ones that day too.