Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Denny Sanford Premier Center, Sioux Falls, SD - Jun 4, 2015

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Denny Sanford Premier Center, Sioux Falls, SD - Jun 4, 2015

Sorry to hear about it being so warm in the arena. As someone who attends multiple shows, I can say with certainty that the temperature varies from venue to venue. My memory is very vague on this, but a few years ago I remember seeing a copy of a contract rider for the band. I'm pretty sure there was a clause that said the showtime temperature in the arena should be 72° (I think). Now, granted, this was a few years ago, but my point is, even if the arena has the thermostat set at a certain temperature, that doesn't mean the heating/ac system or thermostat are working properly. Stuff happens that is beyond anyone's control, but, my guess is that these cases are exceptions.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

At the show in Sioux Falls it was freezing up front when we went in. I even had my hoodie on until the show started. But it got steadily warmer as the show went on. Maybe the a/c deal is true??
    Don had on a long sleeve knit shirt on under his shirt to start the show. He was visibly sweating. After the break he came out with just a shirt on.
    Oh btw when the show starts now the first two songs you can see Steuart playing mandolin and guitar.
    Timothy is still putting something on Scottys cymbal Scotty caught him and flipped it off. As soon as he turned his head, Timothy snuck it back again. He is a little prankster and really makes Scotty laugh. Love it😍😍

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I'm sorry to hear our guys seem to think perfect acoustics without AC is more important than ensuring their fans don't roast in their own sweat at 85 and 90 degrees, which would easily be the temperatures higher up. I can appreciate wanting perfect sound, and perhaps venues who want to attract big name bands should start thinking about heating and cooling and sound when building the things. Maybe our guys should only tour in the winter.

ETA: If this really is true, can you imagine what the venue in Miami will be like in mid-July?
    Denny Sanford is a new facility for Sioux Falls, not even a year old, and Eagles have never played there (or anywhere else in South Dakota) so noise from a/c could be an issue, especially for the beginning acoustic portion of the show. Doesn't mean they couldn't have turned it on at intermission. We haven't been to other shows there (yet) so can't say from personal experience if it happens routinely.

But any indoor facility is going to have a hard time maintaining a specified temperature once the place fills up. The house lights g Io down, the stage lights go up, the band takes the stage and the audience frenzy begins. You put 10,000+ people in one room, doesn't matter how state-of-the-art their A/C is, it's going to get HOT!
    Last edited by cynd1231; 06-08-2015 at 12:25 AM.
    I just need a little downtime.........

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Yes, it is going to get hot! Especially with those hot men on stage! I may have said that already.

At several concerts I remember feeling a lot of cold air at the intermission. So, I have to wonder if some venues are just forgetting to turn it on? Different venues would have different capabilities as far as cooling down quickly.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

The next round of shows appear to be at arenas they've played before (Dayton probably being the only exception) so I'd be curious to know what they'll do regarding A/C. The arenas they played in Billings, Sioux Falls and Grand Forks are either (1) new facilities and/or (2) first time locations for the band, or (3) it's been years since they played there and changes & renovations have probably been done over the ensuring years.

I can understand the desire to give fans the best quality sound/acoustics, especially during the beginning of the show which really is pretty intimate. While the A/C units are outside, the blowers can create a huge distraction and depending on where you're sitting, if you can't hear their dialogue it ruins the experience - and we all know they want us to have a GREAT experience. But during intermission those blowers should be working in overdrive; substantial cooling may not be an option but air circulation certainly is and should be mandatory IMO. It can get stifling in the floor seats so I can only imagine what it must be like in the upper levels.

Something that we have noticed several times is that once the show is over the doors open, the arena starts to empty and it cools down really fast, even as the roadies are breaking everything down. I imagine that also has something to do with the big loading bay doors opening so trucks can be loaded. The more doors you open, the more cross-ventilation you're going to have and that simply isn't an option during the show.
    I just need a little downtime.........

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

They've not played Lexington since 1995, and while it's the same arena, it has undergone several renovations and rebuilds. It's supposedly the largest indoor arena in the US, which is amazing when you consider they have no professional sports, few concerts, and in a small city.

Needless to say, I'm always on the floor and near the front at these concerts, Pittsburgh the only exception, and that was only six rows up. I can say that some concerts were a complete sweatbox (first DC concert, and it was nearly 100 degrees outside), and some I was barely warm enough to be comfortable. (Raleigh, in the winter, with a fever. Des Moines in early Sept, I was so cold my feet were blocks of ice.)
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.