Thread: Political Joe

Default Political Joe

my sister got this email...not sure why...she's not really into the Eagles or politics...kind of surprises me...anyone else get this?

Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 14:04:36 +0000
    To:
    Subject: Want to go to an Eagles concert?

Dear Sandra,

Joe Walsh here, guitarist for the Eagles.

Bruce and his wife first met at an Eagles concert back when they were both students at Iowa State -- and while I didn’t know him then, I’m proud to say I know him now and that I support Bruce in his campaign to become the next U.S. Senator of Iowa.

We’ve got a concert coming up in Des Moines on September 6th, and I can’t think of a better way to say “I back Bruce” than by giving one of his grassroots supporters a pair of tickets and passes to a private meet and greet -- the VIP treatment! -- at our show.

Contribute $5 or more today and not only will you be automatically entered to win a pair of tickets to the show, but also a chance to hang out backstage with us and Bruce.

It’s not hard to see that Washington is dysfunctional and it isn’t working the way it should be. But there are a few folks in Congress who are trying to fix that, and Bruce Braley is one of them.

Of course, you also know that Bruce has a seriously tough race ahead of him. He’s tied in the polls with his Tea Party-backed opponent, and he’s facing more than $12 million in special interest spending through election day.

You’re part of Bruce’s grassroots team. To say thank you for all of your hard work, I want to give you the chance to win a pair of tickets to see me, Bruce, and the Eagles on September 6th. Just chip in $5 or more and you’ll be automatically entered to win -- but you better hurry because time runs out at midnight on September 1st.

Hope to see you in Des Moines,

Joe Walsh

Paid for by Braley for Iowa
    NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR CONTRIBUTION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.Contributing will not improve chances of winning. Void where prohibited. Entries must be received by 09/01/2014. Enter by contributing to Sponsor at http://www.brucebraley.com/sponsor or at http://www.brucebraley.com/non-sponsor to enter without contributing. One (1) winner will receive the opportunity for winner and a guest to meet with Rep. Bruce Braley and band members of The Eagles at a backstage Meet & Greet and attend the Eagles concert at Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines, IA on Saturday, September 6, 2014 (travel not included) (approximate retail value: $160.00). Odds depend on number of entries received. All prizes awarded. Promotion open to U.S. citizens, or lawful permanent U.S. residents who are residents of the 50 U.S. states, DC. or PR and 18 or older. PROMOTION SUBJECT TO OFFICIAL RULES http://www.brucebraley.com/rules/ and restrictions on eligibility. Sponsor is Braley for Iowa, P.O. Box 856, Des Moines, IA 50304.

Contributions or gifts to Braley for Iowa are not tax deductible.

This email was sent to
    Click here to unsubscribe
    Last edited by zeldabjr; 08-21-2014 at 07:48 PM. Reason: correcting

Default Re: Political Joe

Well, that's interesting, although the message sounds like it wasn't really written by Joe, lol. Still, he must really believe in this guy if he's willing to do this kind of thing to help him get elected.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Winner, Christian Philippe-Quilici with Joe Walsh, Bruce Braley (running for the senate) & his wife. Bruce and his wife first met at an Eagles concert back when they were both students at Iowa State.

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Must be nice to have a guy like Joe in your corner if you're running for office! Thanks for posting the photo, MV.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten