Page 8 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Stevie Nicks

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

That is my bedtime, we get up at 4:30 because hubby has a long drive and has to be at work so early. Hope I can stay awake for it!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Not showing until 2:00 am here apparently... but I'm waiting up for it. Already ordered the DVD. In the meantime, let us gaze upon this shot from the program....

Stevie rocks!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Loved it, but the best is yet to come with next week's Part 2. Can't wait!! Now I'm off to bed!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

You're looking GOOD in your Roxy outfit, Soda! That's a lovely photo of Stevie as well. Her dress is very pretty.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Not showing until 2:00 am here apparently... but I'm waiting up for it. Already ordered the DVD. In the meantime, let us gaze upon this shot from the program....

Stevie rocks!
    Love that photo!!! Stevie rocks! Yeah!

Needless to say-I fell asleep. Hopefully I will catch the dvd or another airing of it.

I love the picture above-she is one class act!!! I have always loved her style of dress!! She is still beautiful and will be forever. What a lady!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Great show! It was on here at 9:00 pm. I thought Stevie looked beautiful!

Can't wait for part 2!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I watched Part 1 of Stevie's show last night and she was wonderful.
    To my surprise, my husband also sat down & watched the first half of the show with me. He's not much of a music fan but he knows Stevie from Fleetwood Mac, and he made the comment that she was still looking very beautiful, which of course she is. He remembered she had some sort of connection to Don so he asked me about it, and I told him the whole story and how she wrote "Sara" about her relationship with Don and their unborn child. I had just finished the story when she started singing that song! My heart just ached when she sang the line "there was a heartbeat and it never really died."

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    He remembered she had some sort of connection to Don so he asked me about it, and I told him the whole story and how she wrote "Sara" about her relationship with Don and their unborn child. I had just finished the story when she started singing that song! My heart just ached when she sang the line "there was a heartbeat and it never really died."
    WHAT?!?!? This is just like when I found out about Stevie & Joe on the board a few weeks ago, all over again! You guys know it all and have to fill me in all the time -Sorry! I knew Stevie and Don had been connected but had no idea there had been a baby (miscarriage?)? As stated before, I have Fleetwood Mac and of course Stevie's music, but really never knew much of the "personal stuff" about her. Sure wish someone would write a credible biography about her. I just bought Micks autobiography. Can someone fill me in on this little piece of news?

From the Don & Stevie thread:

They met when Fleetwood Mac was playing before the Eagles at a festival in 1975. When Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie broke up in 1976, they started an on-again, off-again affair which lasted a few years. Of course, she became pregnant with his baby in 1977, I believed, named it Sara, then aborted it. The song Sara was in part inspired by Don.

Lines from Sara:
    "He was singing... and undoing the laces..." [you guess what that means lol]
    "When you build your house, call me home.." [Don was building his house at that time. I think they "had some fun" in it while it was being constructed.]

After the relationship ended in the seventies, they remained friends. Don duetted with Stevie famously on Leather and Lace, but also appeared on The Highwayman (perhaps partially inspiriting it) and Reconsider Me. She also refers to him at the end of Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You when she sings "the Men in her life were poets... priests of nothing... legends." You know that's partially Don.

She always speaks of him in glowing terms, even after he "spilled the beans" about the abortion. He apologized to her profusely. He sent her 50 silver roses on her 50th birthday. They often appear at each other's charities.