Page 3 of 118 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Stevie Nicks

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    I was looking through our old vinyl albums the other day to see what I'd forgotten we had and came upon the Buckingham/Nicks one. They were both so young and beautiful on the cover of that!
    They sure were! According to Stevie, though, she didn't want to take her blouse off when the photographer asked. She says Lindsey took her aside and told her "Don't be a child! This is ART!" So she agreed... and then she had to go home and explain it to her appalled parents. lol

For the curious (this is what my LP looks like):

I later had it signed by none other than Lindsey Buckingham - his niece liked my Buckingham Nicks site and offered to get it done for me. Now if only I could get Stevie's signature, I could frame that sucker!
    Darn.......now why couldn't that have been Stevie and DON?

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah
    Darn.......now why couldn't that have been Stevie and DON?
    siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh. Stevie and Don. They're so cute together.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Thank you for the review, Soda. You sure had a great time. I wish I could go to see Stevie. One question: Have you heard about any concerts she did in Germany in recent years?

Thanks for that review, Soda. It sounds a very cool concert, and Stevie is still giving her all to make it good.

That album cover is amazing. I've never seen it before. I can see why Stevie might have been a bit reticent. Lindsey looks completely different with that hair.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I finally had time to read your review Soda! Sounds like you had a great time! How cool that you almost got to dance on stage! I hope it works out at your next Stevie show! And that part about Don taking down Stevie's hair at their concert together.......
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Dang! I missed hearing Stevie! I had a niece's high school graduation to attend and completely forgot about taping that! Anybody?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

That blue smiley cracks me up every time I see it! It looks like how I felt after reading about the hair thing too

I'm back from my short concert trip to Atlanta.
    The four of us--me, hubby, my sister and her fiance-- saw Tony Bennett Saturday night, and he was great! He wore a yellow sports coat, white shirt, navy blue tie and navy slacks, looking very dapper for a man of 80. His voice was still wonderful and it was great hearing him sing all those standards from the Great American Songbook, especially his signature song, "I Left My Heart In San Francisco." It was also heartwarming to see people of all ages enjoying his songs.

Last night my sister and I went back to see Chris Isaak and Stevie Nicks. Their shows were both great too, very similar to what Soda posted. Chris was very handsome, a very charismatic, funny guy with a great voice. He told this same joke: "If you're in a happy, committed relationship, stand up! - OK, thanks, now I know who I shouldn't waste my time hitting on after the show." And apparently exfoliation is big with him because he talked about it at my show too, telling one of the dancers they picked to dance behind him during "Blue Heaven" that it was important to exfoliate. ( ? ) Unfortunately we didn't arrive early enough to be asked to dance like Soda (darn it!). He also ran through the audience at my show too, but not all the way up to the lawn--which was too bad because our seats were lousy and we were almost to the lawn! My favorites were also "Wicked Game," and "Baby Did a Bad, Bad Thing" but also very well done covers of songs like "I Want You to Want Me" and "Only the Lonely."

His suits were wild, and they reminded me of a "Rhinestone Cowboy." He opened in one that was aqua blue with black diamonds all over, and he wore the one that was mirrored like a disco ball for us too. I purchased his CD and stood in line to get his autograph afterwards, but his handler wouldn't let him stop to talk very much and refused to let him pose for a picture with me . I did hand my camera to the woman behind me who took a picture of the two of us while he was signing my CD. It turned out to be a shot of me in the corner and the top of his head, bent over the table as he signed--and boy, does that man have a thick head of hair!

Then Stevie came out, and I agree with Soda, she looked beautiful, and she did appear to have lost weight. "Gold Dust Woman" is a particular favorite of mine, but I must admit that I enjoyed it more two summers ago when Don sang it with her! My sister & I almost cried when she sang "Landslide," and they showed the photos of Stevie with her father taken just before he died in 2005. Our father, also named Jess like Stevie's father, died in 2004 and it really brought back poignant memories.

Stevie really did look cute wearing that top hat with a feather at the end of the show. My sister had never seen her before and said she really enjoyed it. I agree with Soda, the show was well worth going to (even if it was inferior to the "Two Voices" tour--okay, I know I'm a little biased! )

Glad you liked the shows, DF! I didn't realize Chris signed autographs after the show. I might try to get one from him when I go see Stevie in Chicago on Friday with my friend from out-of-town - but all I have is his Christmas CD with Stevie on it. Think it would make me look lame to have him sign that? lol

I can imagine that Landslide would really hit home, especially with your dad sharing the same name. What a beautiful, moving song.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Yes, he announced as he was saying goodbye--and flashing that guitar with Thanks For Coming written on the back-- that he would be signing autographs. They were VERY picky about it--he would only sign his merchandise--which was okay since I wanted to buy his CD anyway--but they turned me down on signing my ticket and taking the picture, and barely let me speak with him at all.

<sigh> Don's M&G's have just spoiled me--in more ways than one! Of course, Chris's ticket only cost $100 too....