Page 2 of 118 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Stevie Nicks

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    I was looking through our old vinyl albums the other day to see what I'd forgotten we had and came upon the Buckingham/Nicks one. They were both so young and beautiful on the cover of that!
    They sure were! According to Stevie, though, she didn't want to take her blouse off when the photographer asked. She says Lindsey took her aside and told her "Don't be a child! This is ART!" So she agreed... and then she had to go home and explain it to her appalled parents. lol

For the curious (this is what my LP looks like):

I later had it signed by none other than Lindsey Buckingham - his niece liked my Buckingham Nicks site and offered to get it done for me. Now if only I could get Stevie's signature, I could frame that sucker!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Stevie Nicks

As much as we all like Stevie, I thought she should have her own thread! If there is one, I couldn't find it!

Anyway, I just heard on the radio that she will be on Off the Record with Joe Benson this Sunday! And it's supposed to be a new interview!

Check here for your local times: http://unclejoe.com/xotr.html
    Scroll down for May 20th.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thanks for the link, Brooke! It may be possible to listen to it live if it's streamed, but it will probably be quite late for me!

I think it's a great idea to have a Stevie thread, especially as she has such close connections with some of the band members. This is a brief piece that happened to be on the back of one of my Eagles clips from Circus magazine, 1981. I've been meaning to send it to Nancy for ages.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

That's a cute pic of Stevie,gef. Thanks for sharing!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thanks for the picture, gef! She looks great.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

Thanks GEF! Love it! And great idea for a thread (but you knew I would say that, lol). And thanks for the heads-up, Brooke!

I'm going to write a review of the Stevie/Chris Isaak concert I saw last night with Perfect Little Sister in the concert thread. It was a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Thanks GEF! Love it! And great idea for a thread (but you knew I would say that, lol).
    I agree that it's a great idea for a thread.

Stevie and Chris Isaak at Concord, CA

I timed my California vacation to coincide with two events: Stevie's opening night show in Concord (May 17) and Lindsey's hometown San Francisco show (June 2). Last night, accompanied by Perfect Little Sister, I saw the Stevie show - and it was terrific!

Stevie is sharing the bill with Chris Isaak this time. I wondered if it would be like the "Two Voices" tour with Don Henley, where they would sing on each other's songs a few times and do the encore together. It wouldn't be unheard of - when Chris Isaak did one of Stevie's AHI benefit, she sang harmony on a few songs of his. Therefore, I was surprised when there sets were totally separate, and he did not come back out for the encore or even the final bow. It was almost as if he were an opening act!

Chris' Set

At any rate, he put on a good show. He a handsome, charismatic, funny guy with a great voice (hmm, reminds me of someone...). He cracked up the crowd with his jokes (for example: "If you're in a happy, committed relationship, stand up! - OK, thanks, now I know who I shouldn't waste my time hitting on after the show" another: "I've been playing with this band for 30 years. Um... we started when we were in elementary school! [beat] OK, I admit it, exfoliation has gotten me where I am today"). At one point, he took his guitar and ran through the audience all the way up to the lawn! You can imagine the thrill that gave the folks in the cheap seats. He sang with spirit, despite the largely unresponsive crowd - it wasn't his fault, the vast majority were there for Stevie. We not only heard his own songs like "Wicked Game," "Let Me Down Easy," and "Baby Did a Bad, Bad Thing" but also very well done covers of songs like "I Want You to Want Me" and "Only the Lonely."

PLS and I got there early enough that we were approached to be two of the girls who dance behind Chris on the song "Blue Heaven" (apparently, every show, random girls from the audience are picked to go up there and dance behind him). Sadly, we thought the guy said "Blue Moon" and we went down at the wrong time, therefore missing our cue. I have kept the backstage pass I got, though, and plan to use it to get onstage for that song when I see the show in Chicago. I'm pretty sure it will work, unless they change the color of the badges or something.

Chris also wore several wild suits, reminding me of Joe. He wore one that was pink with flowers all over - still managing to look really masculine. He even wore one that was mirrored like a disco ball! All the girls hooted when he started to get hot and took off his jacket to expose his black T-shirt - including me, lol. His guitars are also funny - he has one with "CHRIS ISAAK" painted on it and he taped a paper to the back of the guitar that said "THANK YOU" so that when he turned it over as he left the stage, he could hold it up and "thank" the audience.

I think the reason so much of the audience was dead was that he and Stevie don't really share a fanbase as much as she does with Henley. Chris is more country-fied. I enjoyed him, though, and was disappointed he and Stevie didn't interact.

Stevie's set

What a change came over the crowd when Stevie came onstage, starting with the high-energy "Stand Back"! The majority of the crowd stayed on their feet for almost every song, with the exception of a couple slow numbers.

She looked beautiful. She had lost weight since the last time I'd seen her. Her shawls and outfits were gorgeous, and she was wearing her famous high-heeled boots. She was energetic and her voice was dead-on, despite the fact that she's usually nervous on opening night. She not only did a high kick during "Stand Back," she did one later in the set. She danced really sexily to "Rhiannon," "Gold Dust Woman," and "How Still My Love." She added little ad-libs to that song like "Should I say - how still my love." I love it when she does that!

During "Landslide," she had projected behind her images from her life, ending with a photo of her with her father taken just before he died in 2005. It was very moving - I got choked up, especially remembering AHI when she had spoken of how she knew he'd get better just days before he died.

On a lighter note, when she did "Rock'n'Roll," she was wearing a top hat with a feather and looked so cute! Of course she did her famous walk where she touched the hands of audience members during "Edge of Seventeen" wearing a white dress I hadn't seen before. For her encore, Beauty and the Beast, she had changed into an elegant gown, put her hair up, and looked like a queen (she first started doing this in 2005 - I remember at the end of the AHI show that I already mentioned, Don went up behind her, took down her hair, and spread it out over the collar for her).

PLS and I danced the whole night, yelling and screaming and having a great time. Stevie rocked the house and it was a terrific concert. I highly recommend you catch a show if she coming near you.

I also bought a keychain, which now proudly resides in between my Lindsey Buckingham and Eagles keychains on my big keyring. Too bad the individual Eagles don't sell them! I'd love to pick up a Glenn one at Niagara falls! They looked very cheap to make, lol, two pieces of plastic with a photo stuck in between them. The profit margin must be pretty big. Our guys could certainly take advantage of that! Although my Fleetwood Mac one broke within a year... oh well. Better than nothing. They could also do an industrial metal one like the Eagles were selling, although that makes the keyring a bit heavy.

Like I said, a show well worth going to, even if it was inferior to the "Two Voices" tour.

Nancy, thanks for the great review. I'm glad that y'all had fun. Stevie's playing here in Dallas on June 1st. I'd love to be able to go. I'll have to see if I can get tickets.

I'm glad you had fun, Nancy. I can't wait to see the two of them in Atlanta in June.