Page 3 of 125 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Jackson Browne

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Default Re: Jackson's new One

Do any of you watch the show 'Living with Ed' on the Planet Green Channel. Jackson Browne was on that. Apparently he is very 'green' and is living 'off the grid' at his home. Ed (Ed Begley Jr.) was very impressed - lol. If you haven't seen 'Living with Ed' it's worth a look. He is very 'green' and he is always trying to come up with new green ideas which his long suffering wife has to put up with. It's very amusing and also has some good ideas.

Jackson Browne is one of hubby's favourites and always a good 'neutral' album to listen to in the car. He has The Very Best Of compilation and Running On Empty, which was the first time I'd heard of Jackson, when I met my husband to be and looked through his tape collection. I used to listen to that, and Darkness On The Edge Of Town by Springsteen, and Joe's But Seriously Folks, when he was away for months in the Navy. I prefer Jackson's more upbeat numbers like Doctor My Eyes and Running On Empty. I like his Take It Easy, but naturally prefer the version by that other guy.

If he comes to the UK, I'll definitely get tickets.

Not so sure about that facial hair though! ( Brooke, I've just realised that I've almost quoted you word for word!)

tbsf, it's good to hear that Jackson is promoting a green lifestyle.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I think Toon and Witchy Mummy have both seen him.
    Yeah, both WM and I saw him in 2006 with David Lindley at the Theatre Royal. It was a fantastic show, even though WM and I both made Jackson cringe when he left it to the audience to sing the last bit of Stay. We must have been the only ones singing, but we didn't care!!!

DF--you'll have a great time and I am jealous, because he is coming here (GEF-check http://www.jacksonbrowne.com/tour/ and scroll to the bottom) and I just can't afford it. I'm really looking forward to the the new album though.

Thanks for the link, Toon, (and nice to hear from you again). Sorry you won't be able to go. Perhaps something will come up. I see there is a date in Birmingham on my birthday! Bristol would be nearer though. When my other half gets back, I'll see if he wants to go, and if not I have a friend at work who said she'd love to see him.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

I hope you get to go GEF-Jackson's concerts are good fun. I had a look on ebay-and someone is selling front row seats at £177 each for London!!!!! Outrageous.

I've had "Running on Empty" in my head ever since I woke up late this morning...

Runnin' into the sun, but I'm runnin' behind!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I think I have to find some albums of Jackson.. Any suggestions?
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

The Best of Jackson Browne is great. It has all his most popular songs and would be a great introduction.

If you want to dig deep, I would start with the beginning-Saturate Before Using. It has Doctor My Eyes, Jamaica Say You Will, and Rock Me On The Water, some of my faves.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

I love Jackson Browne's version of Opening Farewell too. I've only heard it done by Bonnie Raitt but I found it on Saturate Before Using and I was suprised. That song always makes me cry.

I don't know that one, but I'll have to look out for it. I had 'Lives In The Balance' on the Miami Vice soundtrack cd before I bought The Best Of. Running On Empty was the first Jackson Browne album we had, and stands the test of time.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...