Page 2 of 125 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Jackson Browne

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Cool, tlr! Thanks for the heads up!

I have many of his cd's (also the old vinyls) and Solo Acoustic Vol.1. I like it a lot, but really don't want to hear the intros every time I play it. I made a compilation with out those, which I love!

Another very gifted musician.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

That does sound good. I must admit I am not a huge JB fan but this does sound enticing.

Thanks for the heads up TLR. I'll have to look for it. Funnily enough, I was just thinking recently that I should pick up vol. 1 as I had never gotten around to purchasing it, but want it. I love Jackson's use of piano. I still remember the first time I heard Load Out/Stay back in the 70's. When he delivers the line "just make sure you've got it all set to go before you come for my piano" and then he just goes off on the keyboard...it blew me away back when I was knee-high-to-a-grasshopper. I'm still a sucker for piano.

Default Re: Jackson's new One

Jackson Browne is coming here in October to perform at the Alabama Theater, a beautiful and historic movie theater and stage in downtown Birmingham, and I just got tickets. Have any of you seen him in concert?

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Yes once in Austin, Texas. It was maybe 1981/82. I was not that big a fan of his at the time (hubby was) so I thought it was a good show but not great. However, that was a long time ago and he's grown on me somewhat since then so I would appreciate him more now. Have fun.

Thanks. I like a number of his songs, and of course he has a deep Eagles connection, so it should be a good show.

Great, DF! I haven't seen Jackson in concert, but would love to. What a wonderful talent he is. We have 5 or 6 of his early albums. He is coming to St. Louis in October and I want to go sooooo bad, but I've already heard hubby say he would not want to go see him because so many of his songs are sad and depressing and I just don't know if I could take it in concert. I'd probably be crying during the whole show. I haven't ruled it out though. I have to get through the Eagles show on Sept. 20th first.

I think Toon and Witchy Mummy have both seen him.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Funny, I heard on the radio today that he has changed very little from what he looked like in the seventies and that he looks nowhere near a man in his early sixties.

Now who else does that remind me of.......?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

I saw Jackson Browne back in the late 80s or early 90s. I had a front row seat. It was a good show, but unfortunately I have always found him a bit too earnest. I listen dutifully to the songs that I have (I only own Late For The Sky, The Pretender and Running On Empty) but the title track of The Pretender is the only song of his that really means much to me. As an Eagles fan I should be a huge fan of him, but there are other people the Eagles worked with in the 70s who in my opinion are much more interesting artists, i.e. Randy Newman and the late Warren Zevon.

But regarding his appearance, check out the cover of his new album Time The Conqueror:
    http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=5914

I know, Fp! I saw that when I got the email about his tour!

I've always thought him very cute. Not sure about all that facial hair though!

I have to be in the right mood to listen to his music. Not all of it is down, but a lot of it is. Either way, I'm a huge fan.