View Poll Results: What's your favorite music format?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vinyl

6 17.65%
  • 8-Track (no, really)

0 0%
  • Cassette Tape

1 2.94%
  • CD

20 58.82%
  • MP3 or digital format

7 20.59%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Music format?

Default Re: Favorite Music format?

The speakers and amp in a stereo make a big difference. Nothing comes close to a stereo. Even the best computer speakers are miles away. Digital doesn't sound that great IMO. Especially downloads. JMO. Get the stereo out with vinyl or CD and you'll get it. Analog FTW! I could go on a huge rant on the iTunes store and the music and music industry of today but I won't.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

CDs are my favourite; I play them in the car. But I cannot live without my iPod & its 7810 tracks.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    The speakers and amp in a stereo make a big difference. Nothing comes close to a stereo.
    EXACTLY!!! That's why I love my vinyl!! Nothing sounds better on a stereo where you have it coming out of speakers throwing different sounds out of each speaker channel at you!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

I'm going with a CD. I like the portability of them. I also like having something tangible to hold and feel. I'm not really a fan of iTunes and downloading... but I'll do it for a few songs.

For me, I enjoy listening to a CD all the way through, because sometimes I find a hidden gem by an artist I might not have heard if I downloaded their "popular" song off iTunes.

I enjoy the artwork on vinyl, but they aren't for me. However, get me into a record store and I handle them like they were priceless works of art... but they are too much work for me. Can't just pop them in wherever you are. (car, computer, stereo)

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yep - I had to go with CDs as well. As I've mentioned before, I never really even play my original CDs - I burn myself copies and then I don't have to be so meticulous about caring for them, especially in my car where they have been known to take a beating. I have them loaded in my iTunes library, so if one gets messed up, I just burn myself another copy.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

MP3 has become my format of choice, basically because when we bought our iPod several years ago we went all out and got a Bose wireless docking station to go with it. It's so convenient to carry out to the deck or into the kitchen while I'm cooking or into the bathroom while I'm showering and it's got great sound. Since I only live three minutes from work I do not bother with CD's in the car. Heck, I don't even turn the radio on during my short commute because I usually have an awesome song going through my head from listening to my iPod whle getting ready for work!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I like having CDs but my favorite way to listen to music is on my ipod. All of my CDs are ripped to my ipod.

Open up your eyes take the devil from your mind

I enjoy having my favorite music on CD but seldom play them. I load up my iPod then burn a CD as a backup.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

I like a mixture. CDs are portable and flexible, and they play in my car (MP3s don't...). I try to copy the ones I listen to a lot, so they don't get beaten up quite so much.

For us Vinyl is all about the experience. We have the turntable set up in the Man Cave, and there's no "skip" button, so we listen to it right the way through one side... then get up, turn it over and get another beer for DH.

I listen to MP3s at work whenever I am bored (often), and also when I walk the dog. But the sound is definitely not as good, and I just don't find earphones of any description comfortable.

I think I'm going to vote for CDs with surround sound speakers & a good amp... which by the way is how I discovered the Eagles in the first place
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

OK, here's a new one for me I just heard about an hour ago..... I just upgraded to a Droid Tuesday and with it being my 1st smart phone, I'm slowly learning this stuff. Was on the phone with a friend this morning and he was giving me some pointers because I'm having trouble with the music app. He knows I love my Sirius radio also, he then asked if I knew I could get that app and listen to it on my Droid. Another whole new way for me to enjoy my music. How exciting!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low