Page 4 of 114 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerts

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    :

And tbs - hubby's just aren't supposed to know everything!
    Oh how true

Stuck on the Border

We went to see Ross Noble last night. He is a comedian from just north of Newcastle, hubby's home town. He does improvisation and surreal free form rants - nothing is scripted - and he involves the audience to a great extent. I enjoyed it for the most part but like many comedy shows it's hard to remember any of it once it ends. What was good was going to Newtown which is a trendy inner city suburb, and I did see one celebrity in a restaurant - a guy called John Clarke who does fake 'interviews' as the Prime Minister & so forth on the ABC.

I'm going to see Whole Lotta Led next Thursday in Southampton. They're a Led Zep tribute band and they're fantastic, and I'm not even a Led Zep fan! I've seen them twice already with my friend who is a fan. The music and the energy is amazing. I strongly recommend them.
    You can spend all your time making money
    You can spend all your love making time
    If it all fell to pieces tomorrow
    Could you still be mine

Stuck on the Border

I must be getting desperate to find a concert, any concert to go to this Summer since, as of right now, any Eagles concert plans have gone away. This morning, a local radio station announced a festival that will be playing nearby in June. I let out a little squeal when I heard who would be playing at the first day of the festival: The Bay City Rollers.

I've corralled a friend from work (who I know attended a Rollers concet back in the 70's) to go along with me. (She also let out a little squeal when I told her about it today, and then she covered her mouth and turned beet red).

All day long I've been thinking about my best friend from grade school, Monica. She and I went to see the Bay City Rollers when we were 10 years old (our 1st concert experience). She had the cool young Dad (as opposed to my old grumpy Dad) and he used to take us to see all the popular pre-teen concerts: The Rollers, Andy Gibb, etc. He was a saint for putting up with all that high pitched screaming (and that was just us in the car on the drive to the concert)! I haven't talked to Monica in probably 13 or 14 years (she moved away, we both had kids and got busy). Ironically, I recently dreamed about her (we were at an Eagles concert, they were performing in a barn and there was a flying pig-but that's a whole other story ).

Anyway, I called her parents house this afternoon and talked to her Dad. He's kind of hard of hearing now (Geez, you don't think all that high pitched screaming had anything to do with his hearing loss?). He told me Monica moved back to Wisconsin last Summer and is living about 50 miles from here! He gave me her number and I'm going to be giving her a call. How cool would it be to re-connect at something like a Bay City Roller's concert!

Maybe the Summer won't be so bad after all!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

That's a great story, Molly! I hope it works out for you and your friend to get together!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Way to Go Molly, what a wonderful story. Hope you and your friend manage to meet up together soon 50 miles is nothing these days! and I'd say 13 or 14 years will fall off you both the minute you meet. I'd also love more detail on the flying pig dream!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

That is great Molly, I hope you enjoy it & meeting up again.

Meanwhile I'm hoping to see Steely Dan in September on their first ever visit here.

Also I'm going to an expensive Labor Party fundraiser in a couple of weeks. No, it isn't a concert but I hope the new Leader of the Opposition will in fact become Prime Minister. The last function of this type I attended, I got the autograph of & my photo taken with the party's previous great hope, who shall we say self-destructed. I don't know if I should take a Midnight Oil CD in the hope that I might get Peter Garrett, their former singer & now Shadow Environment spokesman, to sign it.

Anyway.... it's always nice to be in the same room as Labor legends Gough Whitlam & Bob Hawke (I hope a couple of you overseas have heard of those two at least)!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    I'd also love more detail on the flying pig dream!
    I seldom dream and when I do, I hardly every remember the dream -but this one I remember in vivid detail. Why is it I can't have a warm fuzzy Glenn dream? He finally visits my dreams, and it's right out of a Stephen King novel! It was so weird!

The dream left me with so many unanswered questions:

Why are the Eagles performing in a barn? Why did Glenn think his shiny silver suit was a good fashion choice for a barn performance? Why was I at the show with an old school friend and not one of my Eagles's friends? Why was the pig a flying pig? Why were there dachsunds running all over the place?

I told you it was weird!

Hmm, flying pigs eh? I seem to remember an expression having to do with that....

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    I'd also love more detail on the flying pig dream!
    I seldom dream and when I do, I hardly every remember the dream -but this one I remember in vivid detail. Why is it I can't have a warm fuzzy Glenn dream? He finally visits my dreams, and it's right out of a Stephen King novel! It was so weird!

The dream left me with so many unanswered questions:

Why are the Eagles performing in a barn? Why did Glenn think his shiny silver suit was a good fashion choice for a barn performance? Why was I at the show with an old school friend and not one of my Eagles's friends? Why was the pig a flying pig? Why were there dachsunds running all over the place?

I told you it was weird!
    I have some pretty cool dreams about Glenn too, some fuzzy and most unprintable, but never one where he wears a shiny silver suit. My guess is that he was told to wear it as a publicity thing. The Old School Friend is probably to do with reestablishing contact with your old friend. The barn, the pig, ...oh I give up
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP