Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Bob Seger

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    No, VA - not recovering. I had to work! I tried to get the day off but couldn't swing it.

I've been to a lot of concerts at Madison Square Garden --probably 30 or 40 over the last 25 years, but I have never, EVER seen the entire arena on their feet for 2 1/2 hours as I did last night. Bob Seger was PHENOMENAL, stupendous, energetic, and spot-on fabulous.
    He sounded great and he really worked the stage and the crowd. His horn section could give ANY band's a run for their money, including the Eagles. His three back up singers were soulful and rockin'.

He played all of his hits -- Roll me away, Tryin to Live My Life Without You, Fire Down Below, Mainstreet, Beautiful Loser, We've Got Tonight, Come to Poppa, Her Strut, Turn the Page, Sunspot Baby, Katmandu, Against the Wind, Hollywood Nights, Night Moves and Rock & Roll never forgets -- and more.

About five songs in he announced that he wanted to bring out a "special guest" and I was sooooooo hoping it would be Glenn, but it turned out to be Bruce Springsteen. They did Old Time Rock and Roll. The crowd went absolutely crazy. If they weren't standing before -- they were then. We were in the 13th row on the floor and didn't sit the entire night. I went home with aching feet, ringing in my ears & a great big smile on my face.

If you have the opportunity to see him you really have to make every effort to do so. I really cannot recommend it enough. I'm definitely going again. On a scale of 1 to 10 it was a 20.
    So your experience was about the same as mine. OK, well, better, we didn't get The Boss. But I admit, I've looked over his schedule trying to find a way to go to another.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

A friend told me about this article last night and I finally read it. From a week ago, and it mentions Bruce. A teeny tiny Glenn mention.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/gog/mu...ic-review.html
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Shame On The Moon is 'Springsteenish' because Roy Bittan is on it? I'm sorry, but I completely disagree. If anything, it has a slightly Eagles feel to it because of Glenn's beautiful harmonies.

But then Roy Bittan also played on Dire Straits' best album, Making Movies. It is their best album for many, many reasons, not because of the presence of Roy Bittan. I digress.
    Last edited by Freypower; 12-02-2011 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    Bob Seger was PHENOMENAL, stupendous, energetic, and spot-on fabulous... I went home with aching feet, ringing in my ears & a great big smile on my face.

If you have the opportunity to see him you really have to make every effort to do so. I really cannot recommend it enough. I'm definitely going again. On a scale of 1 to 10 it was a 20.
    But did you like him HH?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow, I sure hope I can come up with decent tickets! I've been wanting to see him forever!

Thanks HH!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    But did you like him HH?

Nope. Not so much.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah - I'm not getting what the big deal is here. So who is this Springsteen guy anyway!

But for real now - that would have been seriously cool. Talk about being at the right time at the right place! Wow!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

VERY cool!!!!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Anybody hear from Brooke? Very curious as to how she made out with tickets & how she like the show!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Finally got a minute to stop in here!

Bob Seger is fantastic! What a show! He had the Scottrade Center on their feet the entire evening and it was pretty much a packed house! Had a wonderful time and sooooooooo glad we finally got to see this legend! He may be getting older, but he can still ROCK!

I never could find tickets online except way up and nearly behind the stage. We went to the box office at around 4pm and still the same tickets there! We went back to the hotel across the street and checked back in about 5:30. Nada. Finally about 6 we could get 2 tickets in the lower bowl on the right side of the stage. I wasn't sure, but at least we were pretty close. We talked to a scalper but of course he wanted way too much for what he had. I'm glad we kept them because they really were really good seats. Bob came over to our side several times and stood there for a couple minutes each time during the song.

So, it was kind of nerve wracking waiting till that late, but it paid off.

There was an opening act called ???? and the 78's from Flint, Michigan. They were good. Kind of an outlaw country type band. I didn't even know there was going to be an opener.

Bob came on about 9.

He played every song I wanted to hear. I couldn't help but think of young Glenn Frey when he did Ramblin' Gamblin' Man! The show lasted about 2 hours and no break. He did two encores. The first one was Against the Wind, my personal fave and Hollywood Nights. The second one was Night Moves (hubby's fave) and ended with Rock & Roll Never Forgets.

He was very energetic and you could tell he really loved performing. He really got in to it doing fist pumps and walking around the stage. His band was great and the sax player was awesome. Bob said he (sax player) had been with The Silver Bullet Band since the beginning. Wow!

He talked a bit between songs and mentioned that he had written Her Strut about Jane Fonda. I didn't know that!

I got quite a few pictures and will put up some when I get time.

All in all a great, great show and nope, Bob, we'll never forget you!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten