Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Bob Seger

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Congratulations WF!

Now come on, Brookie! It's your turn!
    Still no luck, but I'm not giving up yet! I'm NOT paying the scalpers though!

Congrats, WF!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Well, I guess I won't be seeing him this year! I've tried and tried for tickets and nothing but the overpriced ones or nosebleed. Maybe next time.

Sorry to hear that Brooke.

-

We are here at the hotel, plan on heading over in about an hour or a little more. Show is at 8PM (Central).

J. Geils is opening, which should be good. Centerfold, Freeze Frame, Love Stinks, etc. Sure beats JD and the Straight Shot.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Make sure you come back and tell us how it goes!! Have fun!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Wow, just when you think you have your health under control...I passed out waiting in line to get in as I was short of breath again and my inhaler didn't work so I sat down on the sidewalk and leaned back against a pole and sure enough I blanked out. I came to right away, so we just told everyone I'm fine and acted normal. I didn't fall on the ground, just merely closed my eyes and laid back against the pole for about 5 seconds. I am calling my pulmonologist first thing tomorrow to get the earliest appointment. Starting to wonder if I don't need more meds or perhaps more tests. I know I said this before, but I thought I got it fixed but no more big city concerts until I can get in better shape, find the right meds, and get to feeling better. I'm fine until I have to walk, and then I'm breathless. Peoria is easy for me as I can get dropped off right by the door and no lines and no waiting to be wanded and screened to get in and out but walking around in Chicago or St. Louis just isn't doable with my current physical condition.

Now to the concert!

We got in there and took our seats, which were dead center of the stage, which was nice.

J Geils came on first and were a great opening band and I knew a few of their songs. Peter Wolf is so energetic too, he's all over the stage. Centerfold and Love Stinks were my highlights of their show.

Bob came on and it was a GREAT show...all of the big hits. The only one I wanted to hear and didn't was Ramblin' Gamblin' Man... Katmandu and Nutbush City Limits would have been nice too, but oh well - plenty of great songs he did play. He had to thrown in the new material too....Personally I would have rather heard the 70s stuff but oh well!

I know VA doesn't like this song but getting to hear Like A Rock was a special treat for me....my friend Rob KILLS it on the slide solo originally done by Rick Vito. I just love that song and my dad was reminded of the Chevy commercials (were strictly a GM/GMC/Chevrolet family) and he loved it too.

I'd say Like A Rock and Turn The Page were the best performances he did of the night. He got a standing ovation on Turn, which was a killer performance. Alto Reed is a great sax player. He did a great job on Mainstreet too.

All in all a great show, but kind of disappointing I'm not as healthy as I thought I was.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for the review, Austin. I've still never seen Seger live, but I've still not given up hope. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the show in spite of the fainting incident. Hope you get to the doctor soon.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Austin, great review! Where did you go to this show? I so wanted to go to St. Louis Saturday but could never find a decent ticket. Didn't want to gamble and try to get one at the venue either. As it turned out, my hubby is having back trouble and he couldn't have gone anyway. I hope he tours again.

Also sorry about your fainting incident. Hope you get that figured out!

I love "Like A Rock" too. Once of my favorites of his, but I have many! Did you buy his new cd? I like it pretty much, but would still rather hear the oldies! They pretty much can't be beat! Imo!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Austin, great review! Where did you go to this show? I so wanted to go to St. Louis Saturday but could never find a decent ticket. Didn't want to gamble and try to get one at the venue either. As it turned out, my hubby is having back trouble and he couldn't have gone anyway. I hope he tours again.

Also sorry about your fainting incident. Hope you get that figured out!

I love "Like A Rock" too. Once of my favorites of his, but I have many! Did you buy his new cd? I like it pretty much, but would still rather hear the oldies! They pretty much can't be beat! Imo!
    It was in St. Louis...stayed at the same hotel we met at before - Sheraton by the Scotttrade.

And I have listened to his new CD and I also prefer the oldies.

Like A Rock if you put away your Chevy vs. Ford and overplayed on TV bits, it's actually a great song with meaningful lyrics and a killer slide guitar solo. I'm semi-friends (we know of each other and talk occasionally) with his guitarist Rob McNelley, once he joined the band Bob put it back in the set because no one prior in 15 years could play that signature slide solo!

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    It was in St. Louis...stayed at the same hotel we met at before - Sheraton by the Scotttrade.

And I have listened to his new CD and I also prefer the oldies.

Like A Rock if you put away your Chevy vs. Ford and overplayed on TV bits, it's actually a great song with meaningful lyrics and a killer slide guitar solo. I'm semi-friends (we know of each other and talk occasionally) with his guitarist Rob McNelley, once he joined the band Bob put it back in the set because no one prior in 15 years could play that signature slide solo!
    That's cool, Austin!

LAR can sometimes bring me to tears, very meaningful lyrics to me!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Austin, so glad you enjoyed it! I knew you would. I'm bummed that you're still not feeling up to par, but it just makes it better that you still had a good time, means it really was a great concert.

LAR - It wasn't one of my favorites of his even before the Chevy commercial! I did enjoy it live, and he said back in April of 2013 that he was putting it back in the set list since he had a guitar player that could play it now.

For those who love this man, he's on Letterman tonight. Set those DVRs!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.