Page 154 of 155 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155 LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1542

Thread: Today in Rock n' Roll History

Default Re: Today in Rock n' Roll History

1964 The President of The National Federation Of Hairdressers offered a free haircut to the next No.1 group in the UK pop charts. He said 'The Rolling Stones are the worst, one of them looks as if he's got a feather duster on his head.'

1978 Bob Marley and the Wailers performed at the 'One Love Peace Concert' in Jamaica. It was Marley's first public appearance in Jamaica since being wounded in an assassination attempt a year and a half earlier.

1997 A new album by the Bee Gees, 'Still Waters', is released as the group celebrates the 30th anniversary of its first hit. They undertake an 18-month world tour.

"For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

1963 The Beatles and The Rolling Stones meet for the first time during a Stones performance at the Crawdaddy Club.

1975 During a North American tour Pink Floyd played the first of five sold out nights at the Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arenain Los Angeles, California.

1977 Adam And The Ants made their debut at the Roxy Club, London.

1988 Roy Orbison celebrated his 52nd birthday at a Bruce Springsteen concert, during which the audience sang happy birthday to him.

1995 Peter Hodgson, from Liverpool found a tape in his attic containing 16 of The Beatles' earliest recordings made in 1959. The tape included 'Hello Little Girl', a Lennon-McCartney composition that the Beatles never recorded and Ray Charles' 'Hallelujah, I Love Her So'. The sessions had been made on a reel-to-reel recorder that Hodgson's father had lent to Paul McCartney.

"For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

This day in music history, 11/8/71 - Led Zeppelin 'IV' released.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Probably the best album ever!!!! Well, in the top 5 anyways.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border

It's in my Top 5 now. It took a long time to get there. I know a lot of people prefer Physical Graffiti but IV is just iconic.

(For the record my top 5 albums are probably Revolver, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Making Movies, Sticky Fingers & Led Zeppelin IV. No, there are no Eagles albums there any more. I would think that LROOE would make the Top 10).

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Bringing this old thread forward for very sad day today in R & R history.

"On October 20th, returning from a show in Greensville, South Carolina, Skynyrd’s chartered plane ran short of fuel and crashed in the Mississippi woods. In the crash, Ronnie Van Zant, guitarist Steve Gaines, backup singer Cassie Gaines and road manager Dean Kilpatrick along with the two pilots, lost their lives. The rest of the band members recovered from their injuries and the band went on a ten year hiatus."

RIP Ronnie, Steve, and Cassie.

Your songs live on!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Very sad indeed. RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I aimed to add this to my post and forgot, but just heard it on the radio, so here it is!

Free Bird

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkTQUtx818w[/ame]

So beautiful!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

In the summer of 1969, the Woodstock Music & Art Festival was held from Aug 15th-18th in Bethel, NY. It was rock & roll history, became a free concert & introduced the world to many many famous acts.
    I was only about 5 miles away, but my mother did not allow me to go, even though some guys were driving a van over from our hotel to bring them some food. She thought I was too young, & didn't want me hanging out with all the Hippies & drugs, LOL...

Some of the acts that appeared were:
    Joe Cooker, Jefferson Airplane, The Who, Crosby Stills, Nash, &Young, Joni Mitchel, Jimi Hendrix, Ten Years After, Santana & several others that I can't recall at the moment.
    It was 3 days of Love, Peace & Music. If you ever get the chance to see the movie, please watch it as it was well worth it.

The 1994, 25th Anniversary of Woodstock turned into a disaster with fighting, people setting fires: not exactly the same, peaceful easy feeling of the first time around, if you know what I mean <3

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    In the summer of 1969, the Woodstock Music & Art Festival was held from Aug 15th-18th in Bethel, NY. It was rock & roll history, became a free concert & introduced the world to many many famous acts.
    I was only about 5 miles away, but my mother did not allow me to go, even though some guys were driving a van over from our hotel to bring them some food. She thought I was too young, & didn't want me hanging out with all the Hippies & drugs, LOL...

Some of the acts that appeared were:
    Joe Cooker, Jefferson Airplane, The Who, Crosby Stills, Nash, &Young, Joni Mitchel, Jimi Hendrix, Ten Years After, Santana & several others that I can't recall at the moment.
    It was 3 days of Love, Peace & Music. If you ever get the chance to see the movie, please watch it as it was well worth it.

The 1994, 25th Anniversary of Woodstock turned into a disaster with fighting, people setting fires: not exactly the same, peaceful easy feeling of the first time around, if you know what I mean <3
    I wish Love, Peace and Music were still the goals, but it feels like things have changed. (Ask Bob Dylan.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9EKqQWPjyo)