Page 121 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1250

Thread: Jackson Browne

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Jackson Browne

Awww, glad you had a good time, Pm! I'm sure he was awesome!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by SallyGee View Post
    So happy you enjoyed the show. I knew you would. I was lucky enough to see him in August, and twice last week, and it still isn't enough. At least I finally got the CD. I love it. It debuted at number 15 on Billboards chart. Not bad for someone who has been around for over 40 years.

Thanks! So nice of you, and so lucky you have seen him so many times. I can see how that would not be enough! I love the CD, too. The more I listen too it, the better I like it. Glad you finally got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    The show last night in Indy was great. Our seats were basically 3 rows back from the stage (there were 2 rows in the pit), dead center. We had great fans around us who were fun to talk to before the show. Deb, one guy was at your show the night before and SG, another guy was at the Beacon on the 7th!

I had been waiting so long to see Jackson with his band. It was cool to see his old keyboard player and drummer from the Going Home dvd. Jackson's voice sounded strong with a band backing him. He was fun and conversational. At one point a female voice in the audience yelled out "Here Come Those Tears Again", and Jackson shook his head and laughed, but then went on to tell us that he wrote that song with his mother-in-law (which I knew) and that they were good friends. It was great that he could talk about that time in his life without bringing up his wife's suicide. Although there were several requests called out, Jackson stuck to the set list, and I was thrilled. I had received the new cd last week and had time to familiarize myself with it. Although, I wish he had done Yeah Yeah, I knew from looking at setlistfm.com that he wasn't doing it.

I also knew that for the encore he was doing Take It Easy going right into Our Lady of the Well, just like on the original recording on the For Everyman album from 1973. That was awesome enough, but he had been doing one more song, the closer for the show, and it wasn't always the same. What would our closer be? Everybody was still on their feet. After consulting with his slide guitarist, he sat down at the piano and started playing the first familiar notes of For A Dancer. I grabbed Hubby and pulled him close. We had this song played at my BIL, Chuck's funeral last November. He died from ALS at the age of 48. We feel a connection to the song now whenever we hear it. As we left the theatre I said to Hubby, "It was like he knew."

It was a beautiful ending to a great show.
    This is a really lovely review. I could just picture the concert while reading your words. I wonder if the guy from Columbus was the one Jackson kind of had word with? He said he has trouble remembering some things, but not being asked over and over to sing the same song, by the same person apparently. It was In the Shape of a Heart, which I really like, and he did it, but I think reluctantly. (Maybe it was someone different, though.)

For A Dancer is a touching song, and I would have loved to have heard it. But I am glad you got it because of the personal meaning.

Do you know why David Lindley isn't with him anymore? Just curious cause I'd like to see a show with him and JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Do you know why David Lindley isn't with him anymore? Just curious cause I'd like to see a show with him and JB.
    From doing some reading I've learned that David Lindley is from Southern California and from the time he was a teen excelled in banjo and fiddle. He was a much saught after session musician, but he did play with Jackson between 1971 and 1981, doing other projects in between. It just so happened that David Lindley was touring with Jackson when I first saw him in 2010, although I didn't really know who David was at the time.

So I think the short answer to why he isn't with Jackson anymore is because they've both moved on for now. But who knows? Maybe they'll tour together again someday!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Thanks Pm! Hopefully they will find each other again someday.

PM, I am so glad he ended the show with For a Dancer. He did that at our show,but much earlier. I remember when your brother-in-law passed. I thought of him and your family this summer every time I saw the ice bucket challenge. Now I will think of you when I hear that song.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

There is a great article/interview of Jackson Browne in this week's Rolling Stone. It is "My Life in 15 Songs" by David Fricke. Of course, Take It Easy is one of the songs. Part of Jackson's comments.....

"I got back to town and Glenn Frey came to see me in the studio. I sang this song for him. It wasn't done, but he wanted it for the Eagles. He kept calling me: 'Is it finished? Do you want me to finish it?' He added a verse and a chorus. I had 'standing on the corner in Winslow, Arizona.' But I didn't even know what a flatbed Ford was. You need a guy like Glenn, who's a 'girl-Ford-Lord' guy. Also he put himself into the song: The girl 'slowing down to take a look at me' - that's pure Glenn Frey"

UtW linked to this article in another thread and thought it needed to be here too.

http://www.theartsdesk.com/new-music...jackson-browne

Great interview and he performs several songs at the bottom!

He just amazes me. Hubby and I happened to catch a part of a recent concert of his on AXS tv yesterday afternoon. Hubby asked me, do you think he was a depressed person when he wrote some of his songs? I don't know. He doesn't act depressed whenever you see him live or on tv, but how did he write about the things he writes about without being? And I don't get depressed listening to him, but it does bring me to tears sometimes, even to sobbing. Yet, I love listening to him......

Cool interview!