Page 101 of 109 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1086

Thread: Led Zeppelin

Default Re: Led Zeppelin

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    All other aspects aside, I disapprove of band members bashing each other in the press, period. It's quite tacky. For that reason alone, I wish Plant would give it a rest.
    Exactly. It just makes him look bad.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    All other aspects aside, I disapprove of band members bashing each other in the press, period. It's quite tacky. For that reason alone, I wish Plant would give it a rest.
    I agree with this completely. I hate it when they bash each other. Just live and let live!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Just got my IV and HOTH remasters. LOVE them! I love the I, II, and III remasters too. And that's coming from a vinyl nut that has all of them on vinyl.

I think these remasters were a BRILLIANT idea - thank you Jimmy Page! I'll take them over any solo material for sure. I'll be a fuddy duddy, but I'm ok with that. The music made in the 60s and 70s and 80s is in a whole other planet than music from the 90s forward AFAIC.

I'm just waiting on Physical Graffiti. I don't care so much about ITTOD or Coda but Graffiti is a must. Can only imagine Kashmir remastered. And I'm normally not a remaster fan but Jimmy is doing it right.

Highly recommend them for ANY big Zep fan!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I agree with everyone here that thinks Robert needs to leave it alone already but I also am one that doesn't think there should be a reunion. Robert just can't sing the Zep songs like he use to and I actually find them almost cringe worthy when I hear him sing them now days. I still love you tho, Robert.

As for the remasters--- OMG!!!! I cannot get enough of them. Especially the bonus discs. Amazing stuff! Even their "rough cuts" are superior to anything you would get from these new groups trying to make real music. Thank you, Jimmy, for putting these together. I don't have my IV or HOTH yet but I did receive the email saying they were prepared for shipping.

And I don't see that anyone mentioned Jimmy's book? If you haven't got it, I suggest you do so. It's oversized and 500+ pages of beautiful shots of Jimmy and the band plus setlists, and list of cities from EVERY tour they ever did. I can't believe that he has this all still out there put away. Jimmy has said in the past that he is a hoarder, and has all his custom made stage clothing, etc... I'd like to know what else he has stored away.
    I had this pre-ordered the day that you could start pre-ordering it in May and I have not left it out of my sight since it arrived.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

TBF, cute pic there! I know how you love your Jimmy!

As for remasters, I don't have a clue why I should have one! I know I'm way behind the times and I hear about these from everyone, but if I have the cd why do I need a remaster? Is it that much better than the original? I probably don't have good enough ears!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    TBF, cute pic there! I know how you love your Jimmy!

As for remasters, I don't have a clue why I should have one! I know I'm way behind the times and I hear about these from everyone, but if I have the cd why do I need a remaster? Is it that much better than the original? I probably don't have good enough ears!
    I am with you. I don't see the need for these & I love Zep as much as anyone.

Depends how picky you are on audio quality. They blow the digital downloads and earlier CD's out of the water. They are more comparable to the vinyl copies IMO, plus the great extras you get.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I'm not real good with picking apart the sounds but I can definitely agree that it sounds closer to the vinyl where you can hear different parts coming from different channels of my speakers. But for me, since I already have all of these on my original vinyl & on a cd box set, I wanted the extras more than anything. The never before released songs and the rough cuts give me chills.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

As I figured, my ears just aren't good enough!

I guess if I was a diehard fan of someone, then I might want the extras.

I know some here don't want LZ to tour but this is just jawdropping news:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/rober...n-800-million/

I've read a LOT of comments on social media today and I'm not alone. To turn down almost a BILLION dollars is crazy. If he didn't want the money, he could have given it to a charity of his choosing.