Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post

Joe mugging for the camera - love it!!!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Walsh Worship: The Joe Walsh Photo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post

I usually try not to go here but find myself having to do so this time. Is it my imagination but doesn't she just look like she isn't usually very happy having her picture taken? (see how I tried to be nice about it)
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    I usually try not to go here but find myself having to do so this time.
    Willie, at first I thought you meant that you try not to go to the Walsh Worship thread. I started getting defensive

Then I got where you were going.

Anyway, since you already 'went there', I just think her expressions are hard to read due to some non-confirmed face work. Just speculating!
    ~ Cathy ~

I have to agree with PM. My first thought is that when you have that amount of work done, your face tends to stiffen up and not be as expressive. Maybe she'd just come from another Botox session.

Joe sure looks thrilled to be with her, though! She must make him happy. In most of their photos together, he has this "how did I get so lucky" look on his face.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

As this is Remembrance Day here in Canada I thought that this would be an appropriate picture with Joe wearing his poppy:

It's Joe's turn! My five current favourite photos of Mr. Walsh.

1. The first picture that made me go "This guy was cute in the '70s!" (I now admit that he is still pretty cute now.)

2. This might seem like an odd choice, because well... it's his BACK... but I think it's a great shot. Love the shirt, love the sweaty, tousled hair, love the arms and shoulders... You just know this guy is hot!

3. Joe looks so adorable here! The hair and casual clothes suit him down to the ground. Plus, I met Brian May a couple of times when I worked at the Dominion Theatre, so I like to think, in my warped mind, that I've somehow been 'close' to Joe. (He's had exactly the same arm around ME, if that helps! No?)

4. Nothing better than Joe rocking out. Especially with that mussed hair.

5. Just so cool.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    3. Joe looks so adorable here! The hair and casual clothes suit him down to the ground. Plus, I met Brian May a couple of times when I worked at the Dominion Theatre,

WOW--Really? I can't imagine? What did you say? Did you get to converse? About what? He is such an amazing musician. I read someplace that he was self taught in something like 20 something instruments. Do tell me that story please if you will.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Well, when I was younger I used to be crazy about Queen. Brian was always my favourite - he was just amazing on the guitar, but he also seemed like such a sweet man. An intelligent, gentle giant! The first time I met him was when I went up to London to see the musical We Will Rock You for the first time. It was a Saturday afternoon. (I later learnt, when I started working at the theatre, that Brian would often drop in to watch the Saturday matinee to see how it was going. He just sits maybe six rows back, in the stalls, amongst the audience!) Anyway, that first time, I was there purely as a fan, waiting to see the show. Anyway, my best friend, my sister and I wandered around by the stage door, just out of curiosity, and it was pure luck that a car pulled up right at that moment and parked right in front of the stage door. I almost died when Brian May stepped out! He was really relaxed, there was only about seven or eight people there, so he was happy to chat and sign things. I can't remember a huge amount, but I went up to him and asked for a picture. He put his arm around me, had a picture taken, and signed a piece of paper (I was gutted I didn't have a programme at that point!) He was so friendly and sweet. He asked if I was watching the show, if I had been before, etc etc. I went home that day on Cloud Nine!

Fast-forward a few years, and I'm studying in London at university, applying for part-time jobs at local theatres. The Dominion is the only one that replies and offers me a job. It was a lot of fun. I was just working as an usher/bartender, but it was great - I met loads of people and got to hang out with the cast. We used to go and drink after the show at a hotel bar just across the road. Nicko McBrain from Iron Maiden was a regular attendee at the show, for some reason, and he'd often come over for a drink, too. I also met Paul Young, Ben Elton, Richard Curtis, and some of the session players who had toured with Queen over the years - Neil Murray in particular. I met Brian May a few times - no extended conversation to report, but he was always really sweet and 'normal', and he would always say hello, how are you, even when you just passed in the corridor. One time, I was standing at the front of the auditorium selling ice creams (yeah, I rocked) and he came over and asked if he could 'steal' a vanilla ice cream. Naturally, I said yes, and he gave me a wink and disappeared off upstairs with the ice cream!

I was also there for a couple of 'special' nights, where Brian May and Roger Taylor came on stage to play at the end with the cast. I believe one occasion was the anniversary of Freddie Mercury's death, and another was the 5th anniversary of the show. (It keeps on going and going!) The last song is Bohemian Rhapsody, and usually the session guitarist comes out to play halfway through, but on these special occasions, Brian May does it. The response from the audience is awesome when they realise it's him. Some of them don't even know he's going to be there! I met Roger Taylor once too, very briefly, when he arrived in the interval. He asked me whether he could go straight in to the 'VIP suite' and I opened my mouth to respond when one of the security guys came out and ushered him in! LOL. I was more starstruck with him than I was with Brian May. Roger was dressed in a long black coat and black shades (indoors) and had a beautiful woman on his arm. He looked like a real rockstar! Brian May has this real aura of calmness and normality about him.

Probably my most treasured memory is when I happened to arrive at work maybe 10-15 minutes early one day. It was about an hour and a half before the actual show was due to start, and the theatre was empty, apart from the backstage area. I walked past the curtains (one of the entrances to the auditorium) and I heard noise from inside. I pulled back the curtain and looked down through the empty auditorium at the stage. There was the cast, still in their casual clothes, with Brian May on stage with them, playing The Show Must Go On. It honestly sent tingles through me. It sounds silly, but I felt so privileged to be there and to witness their rehearsal! I was pretty lucky.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    2. This might seem like an odd choice, because well... it's his BACK... but I think it's a great shot. Love the shirt, love the sweaty, tousled hair, love the arms and shoulders... You just know this guy is hot!

Baby got back!!!
    ~ Cathy ~