Page 48 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite TV Shows

Default Re: Favorite TV Shows

Oh, Wallace and Gromit. Agreed, JCL. So charming.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I loved "Wallace and Gromit" too!!! I first came across it watching PBS in elementary school and I loved the animation style and I always loved British accents. It's actually one accent I can do pretty well. Same with "Thomas the Tank Engine" thanks to PBS too. I did watch a lot of PBS Kids shows in the 90s as well as those on Nickelodeon, The Disney Channel, and Cartoon Network/Boomerang (for the 60-80s cartoons).
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Border Desperado

My husband and daughter love to watch ANW!

I am gearing up for American Horror Story Season 6. Always interesting to see what Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk come up with every year.

Also, tonight the 2nd season of Documentary Now with Bill Hader and Fred Armisen aires! Remember them from their spoof on History of the Eagles portraying Gene and Clark of the Blue Jean Committee? I love documentary spoofs, so I'm stoked!

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VillageGirl View Post
    Also, tonight the 2nd season of Documentary Now with Bill Hader and Fred Armisen aires! Remember them from their spoof on History of the Eagles portraying Gene and Clark of the Blue Jean Committee? I love documentary spoofs, so I'm stoked!
    They have some high-powered guests this season, including Mia Farrow, Peter Fonda (love him) and Faye Dunaway. Helen Mirren also returns as the show’s host.

Here's a review: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/14/ar...ists.html?_r=0

Border Desperado

Thanks for posting that article NMB. I saw Bill Hader, Fred Armisen, and Seth Meyers being interviewed in front of an audience panel and they talked a little bit about last season as well as this upcoming season and answered some questions from the audience. I knew Helen Mirren was returning, but had no idea about the other three actors!

Quote Originally Posted by VillageGirl View Post
    My husband and daughter love to watch ANW!

I am gearing up for American Horror Story Season 6. Always interesting to see what Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk come up with every year.
    I'm looking forward to AHS too. I hope it's better than last season's Hotel though. I stopped watching after about 2 episodes.

I can't wait to watch season 2 of "Documentary Now" as well!!! One of my other favorites from last season "Blindspot" is back tonight too. And I'm happy my fall shows are coming back this month.

On a sad note did just see that "Bloodline" got cancelled by Netflix and they're upcoming 3rd season will be it's last. A big issue was Florida getting rid of their tax credit programs for shows/films so after this upcoming season it would've been too expensive. But I am looking forward to how it ends.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Yep, I love Documentary Now! too! I wouldn't even know about it, if Buffy never mentioned it in the "Eagles Mentions in TV" thread. My favorite episode is the 1st one, Sandy Passage. It makes me laugh so hard, even though I've never seen Grey Gardens. "You got floor all in my lima beans!" I like the Blue Jean Committee episodes too, especially now since I've watched HOTE in the last 2 weeks.

I didn't get to enjoy tonight's episode that much because I was doing accounting HW while watching it. I'm going to watch it again with my full attention once my dad gets home on Thursday. I think I'll enjoy next week's episode more because it's based on Jiro Dreams of Sushi. I've seen that doc, so I'll hopefully understand the inside jokes. I thought it was interesting, but it got boring and I fell asleep. I could only handle so much footage of sushi making and English subtitles.

Also, here's Fred and Bill as Test Pattern, a Talking Heads spoof:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcLDzcmkSqI
    Art + Student = Poor

They were on Seth Meyers last night. I thought the song was interesting and the guitar playing sort of reminded me of The Clash, i.e. Rock the Casbah. I love that Bill is rocking out on the bass at the beginning. It was funny.

I thought last night's "Documentary Now" was great!!! We had to watch "The War Room" in my high school government class and the parody was spot on. LOL Plus, cracked up so much at it taking place in Ohio as I got some references to my state so someone on the writing staff must be an Ohioan or familiar with it. I'm so glad you all are enjoying it too and I'm looking forward to when even their Talking Heads parody pops up.
    ~*Amanda*~

After liking George Blagden's performance in Versailles:
    http://secretsquirrelreviews.blogspo...s-on-bbc2.html

decided to try Vikings and became a fan. No work at mo so have taken out a free trial with film provider and watching the first three seasons.

Love the interplay between Ragnar/Travis Fimmel and Athelstan/George Blagden, in the show and in interviews, though I'm not sure I could have forgiven someone who volunteered me to be sacrificed.

http://secretsquirrelshorts.blogspot...is-fimmel.html

SS
    xx
    http://secretsquirrelshorts.blogspot.co.uk