Thread: Oh dear: JW in the UK

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Default Oh dear: JW in the UK

Oh dear, I didn't notice that Joe came to the UK with Bad Company.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Oh dear: JW in the UK

Are you sure? I know Bad Company are touring, but there's no mention of Joe Walsh.

No, Joe hasn't toured the UK solo in ages.......

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Odd. I was at a meeting this morning with someone who attended a Bad Company concert in Cardiff last night, and he was telling me how Joe Walsh was there.

EDIT: According to other information, the guest for Bad Company last night was Orianthi, who is an accomplished guitarist. But, as she is female and decades younger than Joe, perhaps hard to confuse. ??????
    Last edited by Annoying Twit; 10-18-2016 at 10:47 AM.

Stuck on the Border

I can't find any reviews of the show. Any chance he's thinking of Richie Sambora? Though I suppose Joe could have dropped in unannounced.

I have no idea. Richie Sambora probably looks more like Joe than Orianthi does, but more like a 70s Randy.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Are you sure? I know Bad Company are touring, but there's no mention of Joe Walsh.
    They play or played in Ireland this week but there was no mention of Joe. Another guest was mentioned but I was not sufficiently interested to fins out more
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Banned

I just checked out what Joe Vitale's currently up to and I found a very recent interview with Henry J. Great stuff! Joe talks about recording on But Seriously Folks! on a boat and being inspired by Kiss. He's asked to share his Those Shoes anecdote, adding a fun Glenn Frey adjunct to the story.

I dreamed a bit where Joe says "next year we're gonna do a bunch of stuff with Bad Company, Europe and then Down Under and a bunch of States"
    http://sounddmafia.xyz/play/joe-vita...kbZoIDFRg.html

Stuck on the Border

Thanks for the link. It was an enjoyable listen. One thing I always get from these long-time sidemen is their recognition of their place in the band. If they didn't have that, they wouldn't have been able to get the jobs for all these years.

I hope he's right about Joe Walsh touring the UK with Bad Company next year. I think there will be more dates than if Walsh was touring on his own.

Banned

Occasionally, music press articles, such as this short one from 1974, crop up on eBay. If I'm very lucky, the text is readable:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Joe-Walsh-...gAAOSw44BYQKwi

The gist of the article is that Joe cancelled a UK tour, for the second time, reasons given are, liaison problems with Joe's manager, (Irving ), personal changes in his backing band, (the end of Barnstorm) and the death of his daughter, which was the third reason given, rather than the first. London Rainbow, Glasgow Apollo and Manchester Free Trade Hall were three venues mentioned in the article.

Joe had already cancelled a UK tour the previous winter, due to the fuel crisis.

I wasn't aware of Joe until 1975 and I would have been to young and naive to attend a 1974 tour but I would have been up for a planned 1978 tour which I believe was cancelled because of an unfavorable exchange rate.

I bought front row tickets, in the early nineties, to a show, Walsh was advertised to play but he didn't show. I wore a Joe Walsh T-shirt to the gig and kept my coat on throughout to hide my affiliation. In retrospect I'm glad he didn't show as he was severely under the influence at the time.

I'm lucky to have caught Joe live, many times with the Eagles and on a couple of occasions with Ringo. I'm not sure what will happen in the future but it's been quite a ride thus far.