The Border: An Eagles Message Board

Go Back   The Border: An Eagles Message Board > Band Member Discussion Areas > Timothy B. Schmit

Timothy B. Schmit Just let it ride with Timothy B. Schmit.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2016, 08:49 PM   #11
MaryCalifornia
Stuck on the Border
 
MaryCalifornia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,849
Default Re: Timothy's Upcoming Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
I still see Tim, more as a working musician than as a recording artist.
I don't know, he's been a recording artist pretty much non-stop since he was 17. His first album was on the air before any of the other guys'. He made ten albums with Poco, he made the same number of solo albums as Don and Glenn (except Glenn has a live album too). He made the same number of Eagles albums as the other Eagles post-1994...it seems like to date he has made more albums than any Eagle except Joe. [some of these numbers might not be totally accurate but you get the point and I'm lazy]

And, he does work, ALOT. But, I think by anyone's metrics Timothy would be considered a recording artist.

His solo album sales certainly don't rival those of Don Henley or Glenn Frey, but in the pantheon of all professional musicians, he would probably rank in the top 2% album sales-wise.

Last edited by MaryCalifornia; 07-18-2016 at 09:08 PM.
MaryCalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 09:39 PM   #12
sodascouts
Administrator
 
sodascouts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Where Faulkner collides with Elvis
Posts: 31,086
Default Re: Timothy's Upcoming Album

It was HB who told me about the link, MC! Glad to provide it, though.

It goes without saying that Timothy is a "recording artist" - I'm not going to take Funk 50's bait.

I wonder how close Timothy is to releasing it?
__________________


Always in our hearts, Never forgotten
sodascouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 11:22 PM   #13
Gemini
Out on the Border
 
Gemini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Tallahassee, Fla.
Posts: 88
Default Re: Timothy's Upcoming Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I wonder how close Timothy is to releasing it?
I wish I knew too so I could plan my life! I feel like I'm in a cash and calendar holding pattern until it's out and there's a show schedule. I regret not travelling to see a few Expando shows and don't want to miss out again.
Gemini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 12:31 AM   #14
LuvTim
Stuck on the Border
 
LuvTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: The Prairie
Posts: 3,347
Default Re: Timothy's Upcoming Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
I wish I knew too so I could plan my life! I feel like I'm in a cash and calendar holding pattern until it's out and there's a show schedule. I regret not travelling to see a few Expando shows and don't want to miss out again.
Same here, G!
__________________


It's all in your smile that brings
All of the special things about you
LuvTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 02:39 AM   #15
tjh532
Border Rebel
 
tjh532's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Twin Falls, ID
Posts: 632
Default Re: Timothy's Upcoming Album

So excited for new music!! I do hope he tours with the new album, and that it's close enough for me to see him
__________________
tjh532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 05:21 AM   #16
Funk 50
Stuck on the Border
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,627
Default Re: Timothy's Upcoming Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
I don't know, he's been a recording artist pretty much non-stop since he was 17. His first album was on the air before any of the other guys'. He made ten albums with Poco, he made the same number of solo albums as Don and Glenn (except Glenn has a live album too). He made the same number of Eagles albums as the other Eagles post-1994...it seems like to date he has made more albums than any Eagle except Joe. [some of these numbers might not be totally accurate but you get the point and I'm lazy]

And, he does work, ALOT. But, I think by anyone's metrics Timothy would be considered a recording artist.

His solo album sales certainly don't rival those of Don Henley or Glenn Frey, but in the pantheon of all professional musicians, he would probably rank in the top 2% album sales-wise.
I didn't say he wasn't a recording artist. If you look at his body of work, though, most of it is sessioning for other artists. It wasn't until Expando that Tim actually performed live shows in support of a solo album.

A career retrospective may not interest Tim but his career deserves it. I was disappointed that he ignored most of it during his Expando live shows.

I'm looking forward to Tim's new album. I hope there are other Eagles on it.
Funk 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 05:55 PM   #17
Freypower
Stuck on the Border
 
Freypower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sydney
Posts: 23,431
Default Re: Timothy's Upcoming Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
I didn't say he wasn't a recording artist. If you look at his body of work, though, most of it is sessioning for other artists. It wasn't until Expando that Tim actually performed live shows in support of a solo album.

A career retrospective may not interest Tim but his career deserves it. I was disappointed that he ignored most of it during his Expando live shows.

I'm looking forward to Tim's new album. I hope there are other Eagles on it.
Most of it?

I know Soda doesn't want us to take the bait when you say things like this.

However perhaps you should look at Tim's solo discography, not to mention his work with Poco.
http://www.timothybschmitonline.com/solo/index.htm

http://www.timothybschmitonline.com/poco/index.htm

I don't see why not performing shows in support of the pre-Expando albums somehow disqualifies those albums from being part of his body of work.
__________________
Freypower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 09:38 AM   #18
Brooke
Moderator
 
Brooke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)
Posts: 19,866
Default Re: Timothy's Upcoming Album

Good news! I hope he tours too!
__________________
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Frey/glenngreenbanner.jpg

"My brothers, the Eagles, forever may you fly" Linda Ronstadt, Kennedy Center Honors, 2016
Brooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 01:59 PM   #19
Funk 50
Stuck on the Border
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,627
Default Re: Timothy's Upcoming Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
Most of it?

I know Soda doesn't want us to take the bait when you say things like this.
I thought this site was a medium for Eagles debate and discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
However perhaps you should look at Tim's solo discography, not to mention his work with Poco.
http://www.timothybschmitonline.com/solo/index.htm

http://www.timothybschmitonline.com/poco/index.htm
I own all Tim's solo albums and a number of his Poco albums too. The Poco albums I don't own, I have listened to.

I'm not so familiar with the much more extensive list of artists Tim's sessioned for, during his career;
http://www.timothybschmitonline.com/...uest/index.htm

Actually, I think Tim's probably made enough money since HFO, that he doesn't need to do any more session work. So he can just indulge himself with future music projects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
I don't see why not performing shows in support of the pre-Expando albums somehow disqualifies those albums from being part of his body of work.
It doesn't but it is noteworthy that Tim didn't tour with his first 4 albums and during his Expando shows, The Shadow was the only solo track he performed from those 4 albums.

Sorry for the distraction everybody. I'm delighted that Tim has a new album coming out, hopefully with live shows to follow.
Funk 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 02:34 PM   #20
MaryCalifornia
Stuck on the Border
 
MaryCalifornia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,849
Default Re: Timothy's Upcoming Album

Me too! Here is a good updated list of Timothy's work on others' albums...

http://www.allmusic.com/artist/timot...604940/credits
MaryCalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.