The Border: An Eagles Message Board

Go Back   The Border: An Eagles Message Board > Band Member Discussion Areas > Joe Walsh

Joe Walsh Enjoy the good life with Joe Walsh (everybody says he's cool).

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 10:11 PM   #41
Prettymaid
Stuck on the Border
 
Prettymaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Somewhere out on that horizon
Posts: 11,244
Default Re: Joe mentions in the press

FP, as soon as I posted that I thought of the Bee Gees.Of course they are the kings of the falsetto. However I would definitely classify some of the vocals in songs like Strange Magic and Do Ya Want My Love as falsettos, if not the lead then certainly the backgrounds.
__________________
~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
It's a perfect occupation for me.
Prettymaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:55 AM   #42
jdubfan
Border Rebel
 
jdubfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: At The Station
Posts: 572
Default Re: Joe mentions in the press

About Joe's comment on Bernie. I heard him make a real similar comment on Chicago radio about learning those songs. But he went further, saying that they were a bitch to learn 'cause Bernie was so good. I believe that was his intent, not to dump on Leadon. I think Joe was being his sarcastic self, not mean.
__________________
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5084/5316660629_4a27633c34.jpg
Good morning my ...
~Deb~
jdubfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:59 AM   #43
ticky
R.I.P.
 
ticky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)
Posts: 2,873
Send a message via MSN to ticky Send a message via Yahoo to ticky
Default Re: Joe mentions in the press

I got an interesting Google Alert this morning regarding a Beatles tribute band performing in Boulder Colorado. The promoter is Ken Weiss of Gold Hill Music and he has a story about Joe!

"Having spent much of 1971-76 near Boulder, Weiss can't leave without a story. And everyone seems to have one about the Rocky Mountain Way man, Joe Walsh.

"I remember he had spent a very long night before David Crosby's wedding," Weiss said. "He couldn't drive there, and didn't think of calling a cab, so he took a bus down Sunset Boulevard instead.

"I never knew anyone who took a bus anywhere in L.A., let alone Joe Walsh, but there he was. And he went home the same way."
__________________
ticky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:07 PM   #44
anne-o-gg
Border Desperado
 
anne-o-gg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Indiana
Posts: 419
Default Re: Joe mentions in the press

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubfan View Post
About Joe's comment on Bernie. I heard him make a real similar comment on Chicago radio about learning those songs. But he went further, saying that they were a bitch to learn 'cause Bernie was so good. I believe that was his intent, not to dump on Leadon. I think Joe was being his sarcastic self, not mean.

Ohhh...interesting take...like Bernie was TOO good - so they canned him cause they couldn't keep up...now that way it is pretty funny!
__________________


~Tonja~
anne-o-gg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:23 PM   #45
Prettymaid
Stuck on the Border
 
Prettymaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Somewhere out on that horizon
Posts: 11,244
Default Re: Joe mentions in the press

Deb, I heard that interview too, and I remember the part you're talking about. That could very well be what Joe meant. Like, "Glad they got rid of HIM-he's so good his stuff is hard to learn!"
__________________
~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
It's a perfect occupation for me.
Prettymaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:28 PM   #46
TimothyBFan
Stuck on the Border
 
TimothyBFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Waiting in the weeds of Northern Indiana
Posts: 11,565
Default Re: Joe mentions in the press

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticky View Post
I got an interesting Google Alert this morning regarding a Beatles tribute band performing in Boulder Colorado. The promoter is Ken Weiss of Gold Hill Music and he has a story about Joe!

"Having spent much of 1971-76 near Boulder, Weiss can't leave without a story. And everyone seems to have one about the Rocky Mountain Way man, Joe Walsh.

"I remember he had spent a very long night before David Crosby's wedding," Weiss said. "He couldn't drive there, and didn't think of calling a cab, so he took a bus down Sunset Boulevard instead.

"I never knew anyone who took a bus anywhere in L.A., let alone Joe Walsh, but there he was. And he went home the same way."
This just cracks me up! Can you imagine being on a bus and it pulls up to bus stop and who should get on but Joe Walsh? What would you do and don't you wonder if he just sat down and rode to his stop or did he kick up a conversation? I'm just imagining that whole scenerio and all options are just funny!
__________________
He sings it high, he plays it low
TimothyBFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:34 PM   #47
Prettymaid
Stuck on the Border
 
Prettymaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Somewhere out on that horizon
Posts: 11,244
Default Re: Joe mentions in the press

It sounds like he was still probably drunk off his a**! Either that or really hung over!
__________________
~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
It's a perfect occupation for me.
Prettymaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:35 PM   #48
ticky
R.I.P.
 
ticky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)
Posts: 2,873
Send a message via MSN to ticky Send a message via Yahoo to ticky
Default Re: Joe mentions in the press

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
This just cracks me up! Can you imagine being on a bus and it pulls up to bus stop and who should get on but Joe Walsh? What would you do and don't you wonder if he just sat down and rode to his stop or did he kick up a conversation? I'm just imagining that whole scenerio and all options are just funny!
What would *I* do? *G* I'd end up getting arrested and restraining orders would probably eventually be involved..
__________________
ticky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:20 AM   #49
Koala
Stuck on the Border
 
Koala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 9,204
Default Re: Joe mentions in the press

I found this today:
http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/tv-showb...8057-21328977/
__________________
"For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
(Glenn Frey)


Last edited by Koala; 07-08-2010 at 12:08 PM.
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:55 PM   #50
sodascouts
Administrator
 
sodascouts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Where Faulkner collides with Elvis
Posts: 31,101
Default Re: Joe mentions in the press

Thanks for posting that, Koala. I didn't realize Joe was practically with Frankie when it happened. I'm glad he's so supportive.
__________________


Always in our hearts, Never forgotten
sodascouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.