The Border: An Eagles Message Board

Go Back   The Border: An Eagles Message Board > Band Member Discussion Areas > Joe Walsh

Joe Walsh Enjoy the good life with Joe Walsh (everybody says he's cool).

Old 04-23-2016, 12:32 PM   #31
Ive always been a dreamer

Location: Cruising down the center of a two-way street in Virginia
Default Re: Celebration of "Ordinary Average Guy"

HAPPY 25TH ANNIVERSARY ORDINARY AVERAGE GUY!!!

Wow! Another milestone for another Eagles-related album. They just keep coming, don't they?

I love the title track on this album, but, overall, I have to say that I'm one that prefers Joe's '80's albums over the ones in the '90's.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
Glenn Frey 1948 - 2016
Ive always been a dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 04:45 PM   #32
buffyfan145
Border Troubadour

Happy 25th to "Ordinary Average Guy"!!! My Dad still has this and I remember when he first got it, which I would've been around 5, and I loved the lyrics to the title track. LOL My brother and I would crack up every time my Dad played it, and also because my Dad said it described him and his friends.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:44 AM   #33
Funk 50
Stuck on the Border

OAG get's a bit of recognition at the Ultimate Classic Rock website; http://ultimateclassicrock.com/joe-w...y-average-guy/.

I can remember buying that Wilson Phillips LP, and The Simpsons Sing The Blues. It was a bad time to be a Walsh fan. Richard Marx is pretty good though.

I played those 80s and 90s Walsh albums, Over And Over again, for months on end, in the hope that I'd get to like them more. The 70s albums, I was hooked after a couple of listens.

Here's an emaciated and probably, inebriated Joe performing Two Sides To Every Story in 1991. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsYBcxCCDoY

It's a tough song to sing, even without the harmonica duties, Joe Vitale helps out a little bit, I think they shoulda made it into a full blown duet, It looks like Al Kooper helping out on guitar and "wardrobe malfunction"

I was actually looking for the tv performance where Joe's guitar jack becomes detached from his guitar and the show band play their own version of the song. Joe really was a mess at the time!
Funk 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:50 PM   #34
shunlvswx
Stuck on the Border

Happy 26th Birthday to Ordinary Average Guy.

I love the title track. I used to hate the video to OAG, but it has grown on me.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley
shunlvswx is online now   Reply With Quote