Page 55 of 145 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Sorry Soda. I will stay out of that thread. I should have stayed out of it in the first place.
    Well, I meant what I said there about ticket prices too. People are willing to pay those prices, so it's hardly surprising that the faux Eagles are charging what they can get. There are obviously plenty of people who will shell out for this glorified cover band without hesitation. If it says "EAGLES" on the marquee, they'll go.

How many times have we heard it? "I want to see the EAGLES" - that's all the matters. Who cares who's in the band?

MAYBE people wouldn't want to see an Eagles without Don Henley. Hard to say. After all, I used to say no one would want to see the Eagles without Glenn Frey and I was proven wrong. Nothing would surprise me anymore.

Because this "EAGLES" isn't a BAND anymore. It's a BRAND.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Well, I meant what I said there about ticket prices too. People are willing to pay those prices, so it's hardly surprising that the faux Eagles are charging what they can get. There are obviously plenty of people who will shell out for this glorified cover band without hesitation. If it says "EAGLES" on the marquee, they'll go.

How many times have we heard it? "I want to see the EAGLES" - that's all the matters. As I've said before, if it says "EAGLES" on the marquee, they'll go. Who cares who's in the band?

MAYBE people wouldn't want to see an Eagles without Don Henley. Hard to say. After all, I used to say no one would want to see the Eagles without Glenn Frey and I was proven wrong. Nothing would surprise me anymore.

Wow Soda! As our dearly departed Eagle used to say, "That about clocks it."

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Originally Posted by NightMistBlue Me too. Full points for bravery, Austin! And you accept the way you are, which is an accomplishment in itself.

Originally Posted by Soda Indeed.

Agree !

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

How many times have we heard it? "I want to see the EAGLES" - that's all the matters. Who cares who's in the band?

I have been wondering about Don Henley ever since I first read your post.

He has to know or at least suspect he is as expendable as Glenn Frey. The only question I have is who would the brand get to replace him? Family? Their long time touring drummer?

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    I have been wondering about Don Henley ever since I first read your post.

He has to know or at least suspect he is as expendable as Glenn Frey. The only question I have is who would the brand get to replace him? Family? Their long time touring drummer?
    Hi Dawn - There are plenty of Eagles Tribute Bands who have singers who sound/sing almost as good as Don. He could be just as replaceable as Glenn. However, would Joe and Tim do that ? They are both 70 now. I think when Don retires that will be it for the so called Eagles. I believe had Don passed instead of Glenn we would not be discussing this. He would have called it quits. We know Will is supposed to be a good drummer. But have we heard anything about whether any of his three kids can sing ? Look at Journey, they found a kid on you tube who sounds almost like Steve Perry.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Hi Dawn - There are plenty of Eagles Tribute Bands who have singers who sound/sing almost as good as Don. He could be just as replaceable as Glenn. However, would Joe and Tim do that ? They are both 70 now. I think when Don retires that will be it for the so called Eagles. I believe had Don passed instead of Glenn we would not be discussing this. He would have called it quits. We know Will is supposed to be a good drummer. But have we heard anything about whether any of his three kids can sing ? Look at Journey, they found a kid on you tube who sounds almost like Steve Perry.
    Hi NKIT! You make some good points. Personally I can't really see Joe or Tim wanting to continue without Henley but then again if they are healthy and still able to perform at a level that meets their demands/expectations who knows, this could go on indefinitly.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    There are plenty of Eagles Tribute Bands who have singers who sound/sing almost as good as Don.
    No, there aren't.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by EagleInKansas View Post
    No, there aren't.

Well EIK, have you heard every single one of them ? I have friends who have gone to see three tribute bands and told me the guy who sang Don's songs sounded almost exactly like him. His voice is not that unusual that someone could not be found who sounds like him.

Banned

I've heard a couple. Not my thing.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by EagleInKansas View Post
    I've heard a couple. Not my thing.
    I have never seen a tribute band but my friends who saw those tribute bands could not get over how much the guy who sang Don's songs sounded like him.

I don't want to argue over this. So, have a great new year.