Page 48 of 145 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I don’t really see how him continuing builds his ego. Again these guys are old, his living standard won’t increase of this tour. So if he willing to sacrifice that much time there needs to be something else he likes about it. Money helps yes but at this point his relative wealth is intact. Unless he wants more for his kids, more money won’t mean that much to him at this age
    I think you are projecting. Of course ego is a very big part of all this. As is money. SMH

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    I think you are projecting. Of course ego is a very big part of all this. As is money. SMH
    I’m just giving my opinion on what is causing them to continue based off the information I have. I am taking a guess but no one here knows the truth so we are projecting at some level. But you have your opinion and I have mine so unless new information comes out I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree

I’m just giving my opinion on what is causing them to continue based off the information I have. I am taking a guess but no one here knows the truth so we are projecting at some level. But you have your opinion and I have mine so unless new information comes out I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree
    No offense, but that's fine with me. I am not the one in the wrong car lane. This is the 3.0 thread.

No offense, but that's fine with me. I am not the one in the wrong car lane. This is the 3.0 thread.
    I’m afraid I don’t know what you mean by “no offense, but that’s fine with me”

Stuck on the Border

I’m just curious but had Glenn wanted the band to move on without him with Deacon replacing him, would the anti 3.0 side be ok with this? Or would you think that any group without Glenn calling themselves the Eagles would be wrong?
    Maybe slightly more ok with this happening, but I still wouldn't personally think of the band as "Eagles". And musically I'd still have zero interest. I'm not sure about the first thing I said ("this happening"), but I'm sure about the other two (band name/interest musically).

Banned

I'd love Don, Joe and Tim to tour with a non Eagles billing. It would mean cheaper tickets, smaller venues, fewer backing musicians and a more interesting set list.

From the band's and their enormous entourage's point of view, I don't think it looks as attractive.

I’m afraid I don’t know what you mean by “no offense, but that’s fine with me”
    As you are well aware, this thread is for fans who are not supportive of the current lineup. It is not about satisfying your "curiousity" or engaging in passive aggressive what if games. If others choose to explain/defend their thoughts and feelings that is their choice. Personally, I choose to ignore you from here on out.

Edited to Add

How many times and ways can the same questions be asked and answered? Apparently ad nauseam.
    Last edited by Dawn; 12-17-2017 at 10:15 AM.

Border Desperado

I would like to thank Soda for being compassionate and considerate of those who aren't thrilled about Don, Joe and Timothy's choices since Glenn's passing. She has provided "Eagles 3.0" as a place where posts can be shared by those who are against and don't support the current band's activities. My opinion is that everyone needs to be grateful for her understanding because in the "real" world no one cares whether people like the decisions of the 3 remaining Eagles or not.

As you are well aware, this thread is for fans who are not supportive of the current lineup. It is not about satisfying your "curiousity" or engaging in passive aggressive what if games. If others choose to explain/defend their thoughts and feelings that is their choice. Personally, I choose to ignore you from here on out.

Edited to Add

How many times and ways can the same questions be asked and answered? Apparently ad nauseam.
    I wasn’t trying to be passive aggressive at all, I am sorry Dawn if it came across that way. I earlier had trouble understanding some of you and other people’s views so I just tried to learn more. I don’t feel me asking a question to help understand the viewpoint of those who oppose the lineup as being not on topic. But I do sympathize with the sentiment that this thread is for those who don’t agree with it and shouldn’t be forced to deal with opposition. I will not comment further to help keep it that way. My apologies

Banned

Has anyone actually asked L101, who started this thread simply with the news from Billboard that the Eagles would headline the Classic concerte, what the thread is "for?" This thread can be for whatever the poster wants it to be. It just so happens the most vocal people are the ones who want to take shots at everyone involved with the current lineup. And I have strong opinions on which side is being most "passive-aggressive" and making others needlessly defend themselves, but I won't share them this early on a Sunday.