Page 6 of 129 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Remembering Glenn Frey

Default Re: Remembering Glenn Frey

It's so long since I've been here, and under such sad circumstances. I remet the Eagles in 2006, and swiftly developed an adult crush on Glenn. I've travelled many miles listening to his solo music, been privileged to see him and the band live four times, met some wonderful people - Nancy, Lisa, Monique, and there is a huge hole in my heart right now. Thinking of Cindy and the kids.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    A long time ago, I started calling Glenn "Sugar" because I thought he was sexy. I was just being silly. It kind of caught on... well, not in FP's case. She has made her disgust for the term known on more than one occasion, and I see she has done so once again.

The screwdriver bit happened the next year, in 2007.
    Aw, that's sweet. I thought of that lyric from the Joni Mitchell song, Car on a Hill "waiting for my sugar to show."

Don Johnson post this on his page early this week.

See you on the other side , I am going to miss you until then Brother Glenn , I'll remember all the laughs ‪#‎youbelongtothecity‬
    https://www.facebook.com/Don-Johnson...67388/?fref=ts

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I was wondering if Don Johnson had said anything. It was the Smuggler's Blues Miami Vice episode that catapulted me into hardcore Glenn fandom.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I loved him, I loved him, I love him

So much

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Aw Soda

I am sorry

Out on the Border WitchyWoman92's Avatar

So I'm at the end of History of the Eagles on Showtime. I laughed when Glenn was telling the story of how his kids saw the video on youtube of the Eagles in 1974 singing "How Long". Not sure why the "Dad, you gotta take a look at your hair" comment made me smile but it did. This seemed like a good topic for me to post this thing that made me smile. Sorry if it's not. I'm still looking around.

I'm so glad I saw History of the Eagles on Showtime. CNN bailed on the show because of the Blizzard. I thought it was strange that they would play it to begin with.

I ordered the Common Thread CD on Amazon. Been meaning to do that for a while.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well I went over to Henry Diltz's Facebook Page to and there was a response to his post about Glenn that brought a smile to my face. It was posted by a guy named Rob Lewine ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Lewine
    This is true: Glenn and I were sitting together at the Troubadour bar in 1969. He said he was putting a band together, and would I like to be involved? I'm in a band, I said. I've always been a visionary.
    Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    The first time I saw Glenn Frey "in the flesh" was at my first Eagles concert in Sacramento in November 2005. I was sitting in the fourth row with Perfect Little Sister (or eaglesaddict as she was known at the time). I thought the Eagles were about to retire. Glenn had spoken of "ending it in California." Little did I know I had ten years of adventures ahead of me, most of them starring Glenn Frey.

He didn't know me from Adam at that point. He didn't know that I had been working on a fansite for him for months which had just opened on his birthday a few weeks prior, or the amount of time I had devoted to him. I was just another fan. And just like every other fan there that night, I got a fantastic show.

One thing I remember about that show is how he took care of business for Timothy when some jerk started being disruptive during "Love Will Keep Us Alive." The guy had stood and was making a lot of noise, obviously drunk. Glenn gave that guy the kind of look that could scorch you down to a pile of smoking shoes. That guy shut up and sat down.

As we left, Dreamer suggested to me that we go see him play Pebble Beach in a couple month's time. She wasn't able to come that year after all, but PLS and I went and oh my gosh, he was so sweet to us. There's a whole thread dedicated to that, a thread that's almost ten years old now, but it changed my life. It was just the beginning.
    Yep - As many here may already know, this is the show where you and I met for the first time. And I'll spare everyone about how terribly upset I was that I couldn't go to Pebble Beach in 2006, but there was nothing that would have kept me away in 2007 and 2008 - and they were definitely life-changing experiences for me. I will cherish them forever. To paraphrase Don: 'We did what we set out to do, and then some'.

I may try to find some time to go back and re-read the Pebble Beach threads myself sometime soon.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Elizasong View Post
    I'm so glad I saw History of the Eagles on Showtime. CNN bailed on the show because of the Blizzard. I thought it was strange that they would play it to begin with.

I ordered the Common Thread CD on Amazon. Been meaning to do that for a while.
    I think I will get the CD of that. I have it on cassette-does anyone even use cassette anymore?