Page 112 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1281

Thread: Remembering Glenn Frey

Default Re: Remembering Glenn Frey

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Wow GA - What a beautiful way to remember Glenn. You and some of our other Border friends have such wonderful memories to cherish.
    I second that emotion!!

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Goodness GA, yours really got to me; very heartfelt.

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Well I have been thinking about Glenn reminiscing about the times I was lucky enough to see him perform, and the trips I have made with fellow Borderers all week really. I also set a goal last week of playing one of each of Glenn's solo albums each day between then and yesterday, and I acheived that aim. Even better, my brother had ordered Bob Segers CD for me for Christmas and it arrived on Wednesday, so I listened to that yesterday too. Yesterday I wore one of my After Hours t-shirts that I bought in LA when I went to see him there and also I wore a new bracelet which I bought before Christmas where the proceeds go to Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Desperada and I were overdue to meet up so we decided to meet last night and to drink a toast to Glenn . So we headed into the city centre to TGIF (Hard Rock being closed for renovations). We had a lovely evening catching up, had a meal and I had some Tequila Sunrise drinks as well. We texted Soda while we were there a few times. At 22:11 which was exactly the time 2 years ago that I heard the news (from Soda) we toasted Glenn .

Then we got some free balloons from the TGI staff and went out to the river - a 5 minute walk and set off the balloons in memory of Glenn

I will always remember Glenn as long as I live and am so thankful for his wonderful music and the friends that he brought me.

Glenn Frey
    A great way to remember him!
    "You only live forever in the lights you make....you only hear the music when your heart begins to break."

Thank you for sharing your story, GA. That was lovely.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border

A welcome reminder from Thomas Sullivan:
    It would be a travesty to live life less in the aftermath of what Glenn stood for. A total contradiction. Hard as his sudden passing hit, those of us who were close to him knew this – that we must honor him not with a paralysis of grief but with remembering him in the business of living.

What a performance!! Probably my most favorite ... watch for Glenn's smile, he was so into the moment.

Sing it Glenn! Great vocals and guitar playing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oxy0pQfZL5o

Love this! Thanks so much for posting!

And it must have been cold, since you can see their breath as they sing, plus at the end, you can see it was pouring down rain. (Troupers, all.) And cannot say enough about Tim's excellent bass on this song. You hear the sax, yeah, but the bass drives the song, and he does a great job.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yep - that is from the Christchurch, NZ bootleg. That is one of the best bootlegs around of the band's live shows. If you do a search on the board, I'm sure you will find numerous thread where the bootleg is discussed.

And thanks for that quote by Glenn's good friend 'Sully', UTW. He said that beautifully. I agree that Glenn's passion for life is how he would want to be remembered and sharing in that passion is a great way to honor his life.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Yep - that is from the Christchurch, NZ bootleg. That is one of the best bootlegs around of the band's live shows. If you do a search on the board, I'm sure you will find numerous thread where the bootleg is discussed.
    And thanks for that quote by Glenn's good friend 'Sully', UTW. He said that beautifully. I agree that Glenn's passion for life is how he would want to be remembered and sharing in that passion is a great way to honor his life.
    Dreamer I love that video too ! The guys did such a great job in that pouring rain to the full stadium that never left despite the weather. That whole concert used to be up on you tube but I don't know if it is there anymore. I concur that remembering Glenn's passion for life is a great way to remember him.

Hi NKIT - I found a couple of clips some longer than others, but not the whole concert. Doesn't mean it's not online I just haven't had the time to thoroughly check. I would like to watch the whole concert. I will check the Border thread archives. (thanks Dreamer)

Definitly agree with Pippen about Timothy, he was awesome!! Also got a kick out of Joe, he was really getting a workout! And Felder, great work! Actually the whole band was amazing. What a wild night.
    Last edited by Dawn; 02-01-2018 at 10:56 PM.