Page 97 of 100 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100 LastLast

Thread: Press and Discussion about Glenn's new album "After Hours"

Default Re: Press and Discussion about Glenn's new album "After Hours"

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I've just realised he's just done this so it's hot off the press. He may do a couple more of these before he arrives.
    More, more, more!!!

Stuck on the Border

He took A QUESTION from a member of the public!!!

Maybe he will do more of this! Keep your fingers crossed, FP!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I've just realised he's just done this so it's hot off the press. He may do a couple more of these before he arrives.
    I think all of the ones I've posted from Australia in the last two weeks were done the day I posted them, or the day before in your case.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Another new interview from Glenn, this one on 3AW News Talk.

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/denis-wa...125-2dblw.html
    VK

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

If you got the chance FP, what would you ask him?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow - It's great to listen to all of these interviews. I love that line that's it's the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

And that is one rockin' version of Already Gone on the page with the Denis Walter interview. I watched that and then listened to the interview. While watching, it struck me how ironic it is that the Eagle that really wanted the band to rock and roll so much is now the one who has recorded this album of mellow music with an orchestra backing him in some cases. Does that mean he has come full circle?

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    If you got the chance FP, what would you ask him?
    It's hard to know. I suppose it would have something to do with how he recorded the vocals, how he felt as he sang the songs.

I notice & was gratified to hear that he said both Brian Wilson & Randy Newman have heard his versions of their songs (he also mentioned Hal David who is no longer with us, unfortunately).

When he talked about watching the audience live through their emotions I found that exciting. I hope as an audience member I can show sufficient appreciation.

Regarding Dreamer's point about he was the one who went 'mellow' it was certainly a surprise when he did but I guess it shows how he has evolved.

(By the way Denis Walter is or was a singer himself, more in the classical music mould).

It's hard to know. I suppose it would have something to do with how he recorded the vocals, how he felt as he sang the songs.

I notice & was gratified to hear that he said both Brian Wilson & Randy Newman have heard his versions of their songs (he also mentioned Hal David who is no longer with us, unfortunately).

When he talked about watching the audience live through their emotions I found that exciting. I hope as an audience member I can show sufficient appreciation.

Regarding Dreamer's point about he was the one who went 'mellow' it was certainly a surprise when he did but I guess it shows how he has evolved.

(By the way Denis Walter is or was a singer himself, more in the classical music mould).
    FP, you don't have to worry about sufficiently showing your appreciation. I have seen your passion for Glenn at 2 of his concerts & I'm sure he will have no trouble recognizing your admiration for him. You are a true fan.

I was surprised he mentioned Hal David too as in a previous interview, a couple of weeks after Mr David's death, he mentioned that he had recently passed away. I assume that this interview was taped this week as the other one we heard yesterday.

I'm certainly glad that he has "mellowed" & given us "After Hours", but he did say in one interview not too long ago that he still loves rock & that he has just as much fun playing his rock songs as he does his "After Hours" material. I love them both!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    FP, you don't have to worry about sufficiently showing your appreciation. I have seen your passion for Glenn at 2 of his concerts & I'm sure he will have no trouble recognizing your admiration for him. You are a true fan.

I was surprised he mentioned Hal David too as in a previous interview, a couple of weeks after Mr David's death, he mentioned that he had recently passed away. I assume that this interview was taped this week as the other one we heard yesterday.

I'm certainly glad that he has "mellowed" & given us "After Hours", but he did say in one interview not too long ago that he still loves rock & that he has just as much fun playing his rock songs as he does his "After Hours" material. I love them both!
    Hal David passed over our Labor Day weekend, I want to say it was Sept.1, but maybe Aug. 31. So perhaps Glenn meant before that.
    VK