Page 73 of 88 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast

Thread: Timothy's videos on YouTube and other video sites

Default Re: Timothy's videos on YouTube and other video sites

QUOTE=MaryCalifornia;284246]Thanks, TJH! We had it in the Timothy Collaborations thread. I guess the song is a hymn?? It is a lovely song and she is a great singer. We had a little discussion about how prominent his voice is - not as prominent as I'd like! It sounds like there are several voices on the chorus, not just hers and TBS's - another man and maybe some other women? Anyway, very cool that he's on it.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, guess I missed that in the other thread....

Here's a video of Timothy in Poco in 1970, while Jim Messina was still in the band. I'm fairly certain this has been posted before, but this version has some dialog before the song. Fans of barefoot Timothy won't be disappointed - lol.

http://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=w3l7-941GGI

Hm, tjh, unfortunatelly this link doesn't work for me and it breaks my heart, as I think of Timothy's bare feet...

"I gotta get up, get out, get on that road and go one more mile "

Try this link. I couldn't see it either until I took out app desktop in the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3l7-941GGI

Thanks Shun!

Thanks!

"I gotta get up, get out, get on that road and go one more mile "

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Thanks TJH and Shun! I'm assuming that's the same boat from the Bernie/Flying Burrito Brothers footage in the documentary. This video had this one next to it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpHm8SWuqE0

I love watching "Timmy's" hair progression!!

And, how the heck have I never heard this?????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTwreCkwU90

Need to get Cantamos.

I have a theory (I'm probably not the only one) that if Poco had deployed a PR/media strategy under which Timothy B. was portrayed as the front-and-center full-time lead singer front man, maybe that would have kicked them to where they belonged commercially. Especially after Richie Furay left. You can be as good a musician as anyone out there, but bottom line, it's still the entertainment industry, and handsome sells. I'm sure the other guys in Poco are wonderful men and really talented musicians, but there is zero sex appeal going on with them. Just watching these videos reinforces how really, truly good their music was, and it's not like they were obscure - everyone knew them and their music in that scene at that time. It would be cynical and crass, but at some point, they needed to put Timothy out there. Maybe they did just that, but from the clips and album covers, it doesn't seem like it. Just a thought, don't want to make anyone mad. We need someone's opinion who actually was a fan then... Topkat?

Stuck on the Border

I am no expert but from what I can tell from the Gold CD, Tim wasn't the lead singer. Most of the songs are sung either by Richie Furay or Paul Cotton. Tim only sang a handful of tracks (I don't know how many he sang that I haven't heard) so it would have been hard to promote him as lead singer if he wasn't.

They really seemed to split up the singing - I'm sure we could analyze it by album, if one were so inclined. Timothy wrote, sang lead and/or co-lead on lots of their songs. That's why I was thinking that after Richie left the band in 1974...

I've seen so many shows about bands that started out as true bands - i.e. everything is equal, and end up pushing the pretty one with the good voice out front physically and symbolically (The GoGos, the Bangles and No Doubt all immediately come to mind). The thing is, Timothy might not have the personality or desire to be the front man of a band. That would be a rough transition from being the new, young guy in the band to being the star. Also, we've seen some info that he and Rusty Young aren't best of friends, so there's that.