Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alerus Center, Grand Forks, ND - 6/05/15

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Alerus Center, Grand Forks, ND - 6/05/15

One picture so far...

VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Default Re: Alerus Center, Grand Forks, ND - 6/05/15

Last edited by VAisForEagleLovers; 06-06-2015 at 09:46 AM.
    VK

AHHHHHHH! Guys! Long time no see! I finally got to go to a show on this tour! About stinkin' time! AND as some of you know....I also got to be in the first row for the first time! It was a little farther to the side than we thought it was going to be (wasn't expecting such a tiny stage!) but worked out great at the end of the show for us. I've discovered that I have a terrible memory anymore so I don't know what details I can specifically remember to tell you. lol Sorry about that! LOVED that they started out with just Don and Glenn singing!

Let's see.......Don sounded GREAT but he struggled a bit with the higher notes early on.....he got much stronger as the night went on though. I have to say, he was absolutely adorable at this show! Probably the most engaged I've seen him at any of the three shows I've been too. After they sang Saturday Night, he was talking and someone yelled out "Henley Rocks!" and he didn't miss a beat before replying "Not yet dude.......but thank you." He seemed like he amused himself. lol He also imitated our apparent accent up here.....I won't hold it against him that he instead did a Canadian accent. He also mentioned that they had been to Fargo last time and there were a couple of boos thrown out so he made some comment about "ahhh brotherly love" and laughed. He seemed to always be saying something to one of the guys and then laughing and getting a smile or laugh from the others. He looked great too! My friends both thought he must be the youngest guy in the band. haha

I don't think Bernie smiled the entire night. He looked very serious and focused. I loved getting to see him back with the band though and he sounded great! Both Don and Glenn were very complimentary of him and when he came out and sat beside Don, Don said "Hi Bernie....haven't seen you for about....10 minutes." Probably says it at every show but it was cute. lol

Timothy also didn't smile at all until the end when they were taking their bows and waving goodbye....then Tim let a few smiles slip out. I was a little disappointed just because we were over on his side and he always seems to move around the most, as far as stepping outside of the little box all of the guys usually stay in, but he stuck pretty close tonight.

Glenn seemed like he was having a lot of fun too and told all of his usual jokes. I literally told his jokes right along with him. I would hate to have been on their crew that night after the show though because I'm betting that they got an earful! He was having problems with his guitars at several points throughout the show. I didn't realize it the first time until he unplugged his guitar and then seemed like he was really annoyed because he really jammed it back in there. Must not have gotten the response he wanted because he turned and shot quite the look over to the side of the stage and then a guy came running out. Something else happened where he had to have someone come out and mess with it again. Then later he was playing another one and it looked like he mouthed "yeah it needs to be fixed" and one of the guys ran out with his black electric instead. At one point his mic also quit working.....I want to say during either Lyin' Eyes or Peaceful Easy Feeling. He kept singing but there was no voice. lol Before Take It To The Limit he talked about Randy a little bit and said "we'd like to dedicate this to Randy tonight, wherever he is. We wish him well."

Joe was of course his usual entertaining self! Maybe I was just having issues last night but I was having a harder time than usual understanding him! lol North Dakota must really love him because he's gotten the loudest applause both of the last times they've been here. He gets the loudest and Don has gotten the longest both times. Joe's my friend's favorite so he was SO excited that they left most of his solo songs in there.

At one point during one of Joe's songs, Scott broke a drumstick and it went flying pretty high in the air and he immediately looked over at Don on the percussion set and they both started laughing. It didn't hit anyone but Glenn was just a few steps in front of it.

Two encores later, they took their bows and our seats ended up being just barely to the left of where they exited the stage and Don smiled and nodded at me and then waved at my friend. He kind of gave us this surprised nod like he was surprised to see some younger people up there. I don't know why that would be surprising, other than the fact that nearly everyone else I saw in the first row looked 40's and up. Joe also smiled and gave us a little bow. The other guys all were over there and smiling and waving to people too of course....just not directly at us. haha Timothy was busy throwing out picks in the center. I wanted a drumstick dang it! Never did see what happened to the broken one.

Anyhoo......all this ended up doing was making me want to see them AGAIN of course!!
    Last edited by Maleah; 06-08-2015 at 10:35 AM.

Also we were quite disappointed to find out after the show that we could have taken pictures during Desperado. I could have gotten a nice closeup! lol

Welcome back! I'm glad you came back to post this great review. I'm so glad you had a good time!!
    VK

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah View Post
    Also we were quite disappointed to find out after the show that we could have taken pictures during Desperado. I could have gotten a nice closeup! lol
    Thanks for the review. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

OMG Maleah! Great to hear from you. I'm so glad you are doing well and going to some shows. And front row, nonetheless ... you go girl! Glad you had a great time and please don't be a stranger!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Hey Maleah good to see you back! Thanks for the review, glad you a good time.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Maleah! Long time no see! Welcome back!

I'm glad you got to see the show and from the front row! Awesome! Thanks for your report and don't be a stranger!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

MALEAH! My girl! Glad you posted your review here, and so VERY glad you got to see the Eagles up close and personal!

I hadn't heard photos were OK during Desperado before... good to know!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten