Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Prince has died

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Prince has died

I saw more tribute posts on Facebook and YouTube for Glenn than I have seen for Prince, so far. I saw so many fan and celebrity tributes to Glenn. Like Shun, I was shocked by some of the people who posted something. It's just the media coverage that was sub par. With Prince, there has been too much media coverage (IMO).
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Border Desperado

Another one 😢 This is too much. I loved Prince. There were so many sides to him, you never knew what songs he would come up with next. May he rest in peace with all the other wonderful musicians we have lost in 2016.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I have seen a few facebook posts that paid tribute to Glenn and these people I followed. And of course some twitter post from some artist and actors. I even posted a few I found after Glenn's death. Don Johnson, Ken Wahl, Vince Gill, Kareem Abdul Jabar, MeatLoaf, Huey Lewis, Kris Jenner, Keith Urban, Lady Antebellum, a few country singers I know some don't know so I won't name, Donny Osmond (of the Osmond family) etc post on their pages or in an article about Glenn. Bruce Springsteen(which I think is the only artist I know who has paid tribute to a lot of artist who died this year. He didn't have to do that, but that tells me he respects their music a lot. HE put one of their biggest hits in his show), I think Elton John, Dwight Yoakam, Billy Joel, Sheryl Crow(at the RnR HoF this year), Keith Urban, Vince Gill, and Brian May paid tribute to Glenn in their shows. Eric Church did that little tribute to a few artist who died this year at the ACM's.

I might get fussed at for my post, but at this point. I'm just tired trying to defend what I write. It may not be as much to some compare to David or Prince, but I'm glad some like Glenn's and the Eagles music. Some of the artists I've seen I was shocked they were fans.

I'm just going to stay quiet about this topic. I'm throwing my hands up on this.
    OK, you saw tributes from people you followed. For the most part, I didn't. As I said above, I was not referring to tributes which occurred during live shows.

I wasn't 'fussing' at you. I was trying to concentrate on the lack of media coverage Glenn received about his work, not the nature of his & Prince's deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I have seen a few facebook posts that paid tribute to Glenn and these people I followed. And of course some twitter post from some artist and actors. I even posted a few I found after Glenn's death. Don Johnson, Ken Wahl, Vince Gill, Kareem Abdul Jabar, MeatLoaf, Huey Lewis, Kris Jenner, Keith Urban, Lady Antebellum, a few country singers I know some don't know so I won't name, Donny Osmond (of the Osmond family) etc post on their pages or in an article about Glenn. Bruce Springsteen(which I think is the only artist I know who has paid tribute to a lot of artist who died this year. He didn't have to do that, but that tells me he respects their music a lot. HE put one of their biggest hits in his show), I think Elton John, Dwight Yoakam, Billy Joel, Sheryl Crow(at the RnR HoF this year), Keith Urban, Vince Gill, and Brian May paid tribute to Glenn in their shows. Eric Church did that little tribute to a few artist who died this year at the ACM's.

I might get fussed at for my post, but at this point. I'm just tired trying to defend what I write. It may not be as much to some compare to David or Prince, but I'm glad some like Glenn's and the Eagles music. Some of the artists I've seen I was shocked they were fans.

I'm just going to stay quiet about this topic. I'm throwing my hands up on this.
    Don't stop posting Shun - I love reading your posts!!

I think there is too much emphasis put on the media coverage of Glenn's death, and comparing it to Prince and other musicians who have died - especially as this is not the thread to do this in...

The media will cover what they want to cover and no amount of complaining or criticising is going to change that.
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"