Page 61 of 195 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Don in the press

I think they had a contract where it could only be sold through Walmart for the first year.....or something along those lines.

I was a little surprised about the Wal-mart comment, considering their prior professional relationship, but kudos to him for being real.

I remember at the time of the deal the Eagles made with Wal-mart (Like Maleah, I remember it being that Wal-mart was given exclusive distribution rights for one year), Mr. Henley ( ) made it a point to say that many of Wal-mart's practices had changed for the better in recent years and that they were contributing significantly to the Walden Woods Project and other charities.

Whether one approves or disapproves, their deal with Wal-mart enabled LROOE to finally get made - not because of the fact that they needed Wal-mart to bankroll them, but because they needed an authoritative entity to hold them to a deadline so that they were motivated to get the songs done. "Yeah, we really should do that soon..." because "OK, we have to do this NOW." And for that, I am grateful.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Was it only sold at Wal-Mart in the United States?
    Wal-mart bought out Asda in the UK. But in answer to your question I bought my copy from Sainsbury's in my food shopping. Pretty much any shop selling cd's sold them here. (mostly supermarkets these days. )
    Melanie

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

I think I pre-ordered mine from Play.com....or maybe Amazon
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    because they needed an authoritative entity to hold them to a deadline so that they were motivated to get the songs done. "Yeah, we really should do that soon..." because "OK, we have to do this NOW."
    LOL! They are grown men, they shouldn't need an authoritative entity to hold them to a deadline.

They may be grown men but even grown men sometimes need someone to give them a big push towards the finish line, in this case a finished product. At 27 years old, I sometimes need it too! For instance, cleaning my apartment.......I always say "I really need to get that done." I usually say it as I sit in my recliner reading a book, surfing the net, or playing a game. LOL However, when I make plans for someone to come over to my place, it suddenly becomes "ok...I HAVE to get this place clean....in 3 hours!!!" Which is quickly followed by my moment of freaking out and then a mad dash at cleaning. lol

Same here, Maleah. In fact, truth be told, the ONLY time I clean is when company is coming over.

I saw this interview linked on Facebook by 3E Tuesday morning but didn't get a chance to click on it until Koala posted it here. It's very personal and humanizing. I understand he has to take care of his voice and not talk too much, but I like this kind of face-to-face interview much more than the e-mail ones. His answers to the email ones are always very studied, carefully constructed, and well-elucidated, but they don't have the same warmth.

I pretty much only clean for company too Soda! The, uhm, problem is.....I don't get company very often. LOL

I LOVED this interview! One of my favorites I've ever read from Don. Somehow I had a hunch that Don would prefer to be called Mr. Henley, as a sign of respect. Guess I was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah View Post
    Somehow I had a hunch that Don would prefer to be called Mr. Henley, as a sign of respect.
    Yep - me too!

VERY cool! Can't wait for this documentary/short film.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."