Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Bernie was once given a golden opportunity to diss Don and he passed it by. In an interview in the 80s, he was told by the interviewer who was looking to stir up trouble that Don had insulted "I Wish You Peace" and essentially said it was a mistake for the Eagles to release it. Don used harsh terms; I believe he called it "smarmy cocktail music." Instead of striking back, Bernie said he was surprised to hear that and that Don seemed to like it at the time, then added he had no problem with Don. (I'm sorry I can't produce this interview, guys. I did a quick Google search and I can't find it; I remember seeing a pdf of it in my library database, though. It's your right to believe I imagined it, lol, but it always stuck with me because of how gracious he was).

Keeping that in mind, I'd be very surprised if Bernie dissed Don at this point. I'm not buying this guy's story.
Some people, me included, criticized Don about the IWYP issue in Bernie's official forum years ago. Bernie didn't like it and said that Don had apologized. Then he added that it's a "non-issue". That's where I learned the word.