Page 23 of 100 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Discussion about Glenn's new album "After Hours"

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Album Release Date and After Hours Website With Interview and Album Discussion!!

All he has to do with me is repeat what he did in Route 66.

Default Re: Album Release Date and After Hours Website With Interview and Album Discussion!!

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I'm looking forward to The Look of Love. I've always loved this song, as I believe I'm mentioned a hundred times. You all are probably tired of hearing it! But besides liking the song, I have a feeling that during a concert, should he glance my way while singing it, he'd think 'wow, that's the look I'm singing about right there'. There won't be a way to hide the fan love during this song.
    Yeah I love that song too...it was out when I was very young but I remember hearing it on the radio and loved it.

zelda

Regarding which song I want to hear: I think if he wants to melt the women, he should do "The Shadow of Your Smile." That's what I'm looking forward to.

I guess "Route 66" might appeal more to men, though, so he might pull that out for the Today show. Personally, it's my least favorite of those he did.

What would be even cooler for me personally is to hear something I haven't heard before.

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr
    sorry if I missed it..but did he say when he's going to be on The Today Show?
    I didn't hear a date, but I imagine it'll be shortly before the New York show.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Well, as I'm the Border representative at the Wiltern, it sounds like it will be very special indeed (NB: one more time: I have an extra ticket, really I do; no it isn't front row but there may not be many more chances like this).
    Certainly but I'm taking the fact that I can't get a ticket in the first few rows as a sign I shouldn't go - otherwise I would totally be there with you.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Having just listened to it, there was too much emphasis on the acting for my taste. To me that is all in the past. I was mainly interested in the anecdotes about how After Hours came about. He sang I Left My Heart In San Francisco once, he said. SIGH!

The show Don Johnson is in is called East Bound & Down.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I got it on mp3 but that's probably some sort of copyright violation. Big news is he'll be on the Today show sometime before the NYC Town Hall show.
    I wondered if he'd be making the rounds of the morning news shows while he's on the East Coast. Time to set the TiVo.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I just finished listening to the interview and I loved it. Of course, I'm pretty easy when it comes to listening to Sugar. Glenn told Soda, PLS, Molly, and I at Pebble Beach in 2008 that he was thinking about doing this album. I wonder if that was the same year that Michael Bolton said something to him - very cool.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I think not, because he had mentioned it before then. However, perhaps it was the 2007 Pebble Beach concert. Still cool!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Hmmm - I don't recall him mentioning it before 2008, but I could be misremembering. I definitely remember him talking about it in 2008 when he was giving us some 'updates' as we were coming down from the bleachers. But, I think that was on Tuesday before the concert on Wednesday that year, so maybe it was the previous year.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Hmmm - I don't recall him mentioning it before 2008, but I could be misremembering. I definitely remember him talking about it in 2008 when he was giving us some 'updates' as we were coming down from the bleachers. But, I think that was on Tuesday before the concert on Wednesday that year, so maybe it was the previous year.
    Dreamer, I smiled at your mention of Glenn giving you all 'updates' like he was a neighbor chatting over the fence. I've read the Pebble Beach threads and even though he seems very down-to-earth, I'd still be a complete basket case if I had the opportunity to talk to him - or any of them for that matter. I admire you all for being able to get past the fangirl and get to know the real person. I'm sure Glenn appreciates that.

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

Finally heard back from Big 100.3 here in DC. They said Glenn should be on at 7:40AM tomorrow (4:40 in LA yeesh!)

http://www.thebigdc.com/main.html
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.