Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Henley Says Eagles Reunion Possible with Glenn Frey's Son

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Henley Says Eagles Reunion Possible with Glenn Frey's Son - NOT TRUE

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Come Lately View Post
    Also, there is a difference between dissolving a band and simply not being active - there was a very good reason why the final Waters Floyd album was called 'The Final Cut'. By contrast, while it's quite possible the Eagles have played together for the last time, there doesn't seem to be any hurry to actually disband.
    Agreed. I think it's likely that "Eagles" will continue as a brand, even if no-one plays under that name. We know there are plans for a musical and I expect Azoff will continue to look for ways to exploit the name and back catalogue (and Henley will probably resist).

From various books, interviews etc, I believe that the name became the property of Eagles Ltd in the 70s to remove the risk of ex-members touring under the name as had happened with The Byrds. When Bernie and Randy left, they gave up their claim to the name, along with their shares leaving the name effectively owned equally by Frey, Henley and Felder. Of course, we don't know if there were changes as a result of the settlement of Felder's lawsuits or what happens to the shares in Eagles Ltd when a shareholder dies. It's possible that Felder has as much claim to the name as Henley.

However, even if Felder has a claim to the name, I don't see much advantage in him exercising it. There's little doubt that Azoff and Henley would object and that would be costly. Besides, the brand would probably earn more for him if left in Azoff's management.

Banned

Default Re: Henley Says Eagles Reunion Possible with Glenn Frey's Son - NOT TRUE

Thanks for the insight UtW. I've just read Henley quoting James Brown "The music business is 25% music and 75% business". As much as I hate it, it looks like Eagles are now 95-100% business. Thanks to the internet, it looks like band names brands aren't as lucrative as they were when Pink Floyd went to court.

I'm hoping Joe will be a lot more prolific outside the Eagles and will get to focus on recording and playing music. I don't want him wasting his time with non-musical Eagles projects, Kennedy Center Honors excepted.